I have my feelings about who is going to win Sunday’s big game (obvi). I also have feelings about game day food. Good feelings. If you’re looking to win at snacks, I’ve got you covered with these New England Nachos. They’re salty, tangy + fresh and (crowd) friendly… just like my favorite New Englanders.
It’s worth noting that I ate these for lunch the other day (and called it recipe testing #noshame)… so really, you can serve these any old time. But they’ll taste especially good when our team is winning.
Per usual, all measurements are sort of free-wheeling. You can’t really go wrong here. These are nachos, not soufflés. Recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and serves 8.
NEW ENGLAND NACHOS for GAME DAY
- 1 bag of Cape Cod potato chips
- Approximately 6 oz. local blue cheese (I used Jasper Hill Bayle Hazen Blue + Great Hill Blue… basically, cheese heaven)
- 1/2 c. cranberry relish or sauce (I used Stonewall Kitchen’s New England Cranberry Relish)
- 2 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh curly parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange potato chips in a single-ish layer on the parchment and set aside.
- With a fork, gently crumble the blue cheese and sprinkle over the potato chips.
- Spoon cranberry relish over the cheese and chips.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly (and/or you’ve lost the will to wait any longer), approximately 5 minutes.
- Give your New England Nachos a few minutes to cool.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve to your favorite fans (or… just like, yourself).
Yay, sports. And yay, snacks. These New England Nachos are #1.
Also On Tap for Today:
- You’ll find more of my (super easy, mostly lazy person approved) recipes on my Food On Tap tab
- Need even more snack ideas? Food52 has nearly, well, 52 of them.
- Oh, and a preview of the big game commercials…
Who are you rooting for? What will you be snacking on? How do you stay up way past your bedtime on a Sunday night (asking for… myself)?