Better late than never? Holidays (Easter) followed by other holidays (Marathon Monday a.k.a. Patriots Day) make for a delightful disruption to our routine, but a disruption nevertheless.
We celebrated a really happy Easter at the Cape with our family and returned to the city Monday night with a little bit of chocolate… and a lot of delicious leftovers. I like when my meals both plan and (sort of) make themselves.
Meal plan for the week of 4/17
- Leftover roasted sweet potato salad (vegan): this is great in a quesadilla with some cheese and black beans
- Salad + leftover wild rice with peas and pistachios
- Baked stuffed sweet potatoes + salad
- Taco night or burrito bowls
- Spinach + artichoke quinoa bake
Workout plan for the week of 4/17
- Sunday: Easter tabata + Run (done)
- Monday: MB home workout (done)
- Tuesday: MB home workout + Daily Burn barre (done)
- Wednesday: MB class + this stretching routine (done)
- Thursday: MB self-assessment + lots of stretching/foam rolling
- Friday: MB class + Run
- Saturday: Run
This is the final week of the Mama Beasts spring challenge (hence all the MB business above). It’s been so fun to work with our team and to push myself a bit harder than usual. A new session of classes starts on Monday — you can find all the details here! I’m also so glad I re-started the Couch 2 5k program (using the app). I’ve been able to switch things up for most runs, completing some solo and some with the double stroller (i.e. 50 lbs. of children + 37 lbs. of stroller) and on varied terrain (track, Harborwalk in Southie, hills on the Cape). It’s really nice to be back in the running-ish groove.
For those who have asked, I have the Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double (the 2016 model, which is what I have, is currently on sale on Amazon) and really like it. I had a single BOB before Nick was born and liked that too, but find the Summit to be a bit more solid and comfortable for the kids.
Alright, time to dive into those leftovers.
Also On Tap for Today:
- 48 incredibly short, clean jokes that are actually funny from Knowable
- Major eye candy: Exterior paint trends we are in love with from Apartment Therapy
- Aaaaand adding this avocado + chickpea sandwich from The Kitchn to the menu
What’s on your menu this week?