Monday Tuesday. It’s going to be one of those weeks, isn’t it?
The weekend according to Instagram IX
- Nick and I kicked the weekend off in lovely fashion on Friday night, thanks to the Boston Ballet. The Ballet generously offered me a pair of tickets to the opening night of Sleeping Beauty. And beautiful it was. I highly recommend making it to this show (and grabbing a glass of Champagne on the way in). The dancers are incredible, the costumes are fabulous, and the music is divine.
- My sister and I headed to the Cape on Saturday morning with our parents. Andrea’s wedding is just two months away (beyond excited), and I got to tag along for her hair trial and a meeting with her florist. We also swung by a couple of our favorite beaches. It’s incredible how this winter’s storms have entirely shifted the shoreline in some places.
- I love Sunday mornings at CrossFit Southie. The classes are always small, and I get to spend the rest of the day limping around. Just kidding… kind of.
- For the strength portion of our workout, we were working up to our max reps of bench presses at either 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 of our body weight, or at our body weight for prescribed. I got 2 reps just under 1/2 my body weight, and 20 reps at 1/4. (Sometimes I think I should carry a calculator around the gym.) I was working with two women who are stronger than me, which I always find intimidating, but they encouraged me to keep adding weight and pushing it just a bit more.
- New favorite app: Percolator. It’s much more entertaining in color.
- While I pretended to get stuff done around the condo (but mostly just followed Clark around and Percolated him), Nick got the grocery shopping done at Whole Foods River Street. What a man.
- We didn’t have a hospital visit scheduled this week, so Clark took his magical therapy powers (and matching vest) to the college kids. We spent two hours in a senior dorm at Bentley, just doin’ what we do (i.e. I hold the leash, Clark snuggles with strangers).
- It wouldn’t be a weekend without a Polar FT4 shot.
- And it wouldn’t be spring in Boston without… Christmas lights? If I had my way, the Commonwealth Mall would look like this year round.
Also On Tap for Today:
- First soccer game of the new season (I am terrified)
- Love this: Decorating with Herbs
- Adding #fmsphotoaday prompts to my April (gasp!) calendar
What is your favorite photo app?