What better day than a snow day to daydream of sun dresses? While Stella’s outside doing what she does best (snow + wind), I’m inside attempting to keep the babes entertained + looking forward to spring’s return.
I had a chance to visit The Paper Store‘s headquarters west of Boston earlier this year (on the eve of our last big snowstorm), along with some of my favorite blogging pals, to get a preview of spring fashion trends from their lovely buyers. We were treated to Champagne, Sugarfina treats, macarons and a peek at several racks full of beautiful spring dresses and tops.
Those of you in the Northeast are likely familiar with The Paper Store (it’s my go-to for cards, gifts and Alex + Ani jewelry). They have a really great fashion section as well, and many of their items (including their new private fashion and jewelry line, Mia & Tess) are available online.
Here are a few of the spring fashion tips The Paper Store buyers shared with us:
- Off the shoulder tops and dresses continue to be on trend this year (and are universally flattering!)
- Look for delicate chokers that can be worn alone or layered
- Floral prints are updated in pale, dusty pinks, bold mints, china blues and pair perfectly with denim
- Speaking of which, you’ll find denim dresses, footwear, scarves, hats, jackets and tops in store
- Layer a longer lace or crochet trimmed tank under sweaters and tops to add some visual interest and update an old favorite
I’ve been wearing the dress with with leggings and a cardigan (and snow pants and a parka and two scarves and giant mittens) for now, but I can see it being a spring and summer staple.
A few of my other favorites:
You can view their full spring fashion catalog here… much more fun than shoveling.
I received complimentary product from The Paper Store, but as always, thoughts + opinions are my own.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Everything you need to know about today’s storm from WBUR
- A sweet + salty pi day treat from The Kitchn
- Hoping to sneak in some snow day painting
Who’s ready to break out the sundresses?