After a relaxing, snowed-in weekend at the Cape, we are back in the city + I’m pretending to be ready to take on the week.
Salad is from, um, my fridge… wooden pineapple is from Homegoods.
The laundry’s done, the gas tank is full, workouts are scheduled + I even blocked out some time for painting this week. I apparently only imagined I did the dishes and I have lost all motivation to unpack… but hey. Can’t win ’em all.
I found last week’s meal plan was really helpful in my efforts to not eat Cheez-It-type-things for dinner. It motivated me to try a few new recipes and revisit some old favorites. So here I am, avoiding the dishes and cooking up this week’s meal plan.
MEAL PLAN FOR THE WEEK of 1/8
- Salads and veggie wraps for lunch
- Lemon potato chowder from The Kitchn (I’ll vegetarian-ify it with vegetable broth, obvi)
- Quinoa caprese salad (or quinoa caprese bake… TBD)
- Spinach, sweet potato and black bean quesadillas on Ezekial tortillas
- Some sort of lentil soup (can’t stop, won’t stop with the piping hot lentil soups… until, like, at least April)
- Make-ahead snacks + breakfasts: chai protein bites, garlic + dill kale chips, baked oatmeal
I know some people prefer to plan meals for specific days (and maybe one day I will be that organized slash maybe one day my children will keep a reliable routine lasting longer than three days), but for now a more flexible approach seems to work well.
I like being able to look at a fairly limited list (as opposed to searching through an entire cookbook, or the entire internet, or my entire memory of anything I’ve ever made or eaten), assessing what I have time and energy for, and making whichever option makes the most sense. This generally indecisive lady is all about limited (yet delicious) choices.
Plus… taking the guesswork out of what to make each night leaves me with just enough extra time to, you know, come up with an excuse to not do the dishes.
Also On Tap for Today:
- 5 ways to keep your fridge clean + organized from The Kitchn
- Celebrating a belated Christmas with my family, now that we’ve all survived the stomach bug that tried to take down the entire city of Boston
- Ice skating in my driveway (but not on purpose)
What are your favorite sources for new recipes or meal planning tips?