What a perfect month it has been. I am holding on to summer for dear life. And I’m not letting go… until at least October.
Currently | August 2015
- Like I am 900 months pregnant. I think it’s the heat. Or it’s just being pregnant. Regardless, I had an appointment with my midwife earlier this week and I’m grateful that the baby is healthy and everything is going well.
- Like this really is the best summer ever.
- Whatever catches my attention (and appetite) on Pinterest. This week it’s this tomato and basil salad with a chive vinaigrette.
- A daily ice pop.
- The tide come and go. Boats passing by. Seals swimming around as fishermen unload their catch.
- The sky. We’ve had the most beautiful sunsets and clear views of the moon lately.
- Grace play with Clark. It’s so much fun to see them happily following one another around. Not surprising: There are usually snacks involved. Clark is no fool.
- Oh… and should I admit this? America’s Next Top Model on Hulu+. I can’t look away.
- The usual mess. I’ve loved this month’s theme of serenity for the Get Messy Art Journal challenge. You can find weekly updates of my sketchbook here: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Weeks 4 + 5.
- An iPhone mount for less awkward Periscope broadcasts. I am following this tutorial and hope to have things up and running later this week. I really enjoyed sharing my first scope (an art journal and sketchbook flip-through); my username is ElizabethEv if you’d like to follow along. For now, I’m just enjoying everyone else’s scopes. Be sure to leave a comment below with your username, please!
- Lots of watercolor backgrounds and floral sketches. I recently finished watching Lisa Congdon’s classes on Creative Bug and am hooked on the techniques she shared.
- I also picked up some gold leaf this week and am thinking about gilding some of the shells I’ve collected recently. Summer is worthy of gilding.
- Consecutive good hair days. Usually my hair is like, POOF! the second we cross the Sagamore Bridge (I swear the Cape is covered by an invisible dome of humidity), but ever since I started using the fantastic products Living Proof recently sent me, my curls have been on their best behavior.
- Speaking of shampoo, I wish outdoor showers were a year-round option.
- These illustrations of political leaders as hipsters.
- As much yoga as I can fit into the week. The women’s fitness program I joined in June is on hiatus for a couple of weeks (if you’re in the Boston area and want to know more, please let me know — I love this group!), so I’ve been focusing on fitting in lots of long walks and short flows. I really like these prenatal yoga videos on YouTube.
Also On Tap for Today:
- How to establish a family dinner routine from the Whole Foods Market Blog
- Unpacking, laundry, food shopping… then repacking 🙂
- A 28-day training plan for becoming a better writer from HubSpot Blogs
What were the highlights of your August?