Congratulations to Emily, winner of the Stages of Beauty Giveaway! I will email you this weekend to make arrangements. Many thanks to everyone who entered, and to Stages of Beauty for sponsoring such a fabulous giveaway. I hope you’re all having a lovely Saturday. 🙂
[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false] There is still time to enter the Stages of Beauty giveaway, ladies …and gentlemen who might want to win a fabulous line of skincare products for a lady in their life. I will accept entries until 7PM Boston-time (I don’t fully grasp the whole time zone thing) and post the winner tomorrow morning.
I am having so much fun reading your responses to the question What do you love most about your age?, and wanted to share some of your answers. We really are like fine wine it would seem, gettin’ better and better with age.
From your responses:
- What I love about my age is that I’m old enough to realize that things I worried about when I was younger don’t really matter, but I’m young enough to still change, learn, and grow.
- I’m fearless. I feel like my whole life is ahead of me and I’m unstoppable.
- Life is getting better and better with age.
- I look forward to the adventures and “unknowns” ahead.
- During my twenties, I can put aside external pressures and just do what I love.
- I’ve grown and experienced so much in my twenties: discovering love, traveling and doing what makes me happy.
- I love the time to find myself, find stability in work, love and self-confidence.
- I’m returning to my love of writing and learning to be more confident.
- In lots of ways I don’t think MY life really began until my 30′s and I started to think about and pursue what I wanted instead of what I thought I was supposed to want.
- Now that I’m in my 30s, I feel like I get more respect than I did in my 20s (and god forbid, before that).
- Instead of worrying about what’s the ‘right’ way or ‘right’ path I am pursuing my interests and doing what I like.
- I feel wiser and cooler than ever.
- I feel free and am happy with who and where I am in my life.
- I’m closer to finding myself.
- I’m more confident and content in my personal life.
- What do I love about my age? I love everything!
- I feel more confident than I ever have.
- I don’t care as much about what other people think and I am having more fun than ever with my children.
- My relationship with my sisters and my daughter developed into strong friendships during this time. In my 50′s those friendships have grown even more deep. I find I do things differently now than I would or could have any other period in my life.
- 50+ is the new 40!
I think Karen sums it up so well. She said, “With age comes wisdom, confidence and knowing what is most important in your life.” Thank you all for sharing these thoughtful, inspiring answers. I’ll do my best to update this throughout the day.
Please be sure to enter the giveaway, if you haven’t already, by visiting this post.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Drinks with the girl next door. Literally.
- Make iPad wielding Nick download this app and read to me every night.
- Write back to my new middle schooler penpal 🙂
What’s On Tap for your weekend?
[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false] It’s high time we had a giveaway On Tap, wouldn’t you say? With grey snow piling up in Boston, and seemingly perpetual gray skies above, my winter could use a little brightening. I’m finding that a few small changes make a big difference in keeping the winter blues and blahs at bay.
Keep fresh flowers on hand
I try to pick up a few inexpensive bunches of flowers at the market each week– usually tulips or roses, in bright, cheery hues. I am strictly anti-baby’s breath, and think the most simple arrangements are also the most gorgeous. I worked at a florist when I was in high school and swear that I am the rose whisperer. I can de-thorn a dozen roses faster than, well, someone who doesn’t know how to. Bringing a little natural beauty indoors is a great mood elevator.
Nick took over flower duty this weekend. They’re so beautiful, our wallpaper person thought they were fake. Until he poked them. For the third time.
Work out more than once a month (and enjoy it)
I feel like I am finally bouncing back from a little (um… month long) motivation rut and exercise hiatus following the marathon. During the week immediately following the race, all I wanted to do was run. Our coach had us under strict orders to do nothing of the sort. As soon as we were cleared for light cardio and easy runs, all I wanted to do was curl up like a beetle on the couch and be fed cheese doodles by my French bulldog. Not normal. I’m happy to report though, after sweating like a man during last week’s soccer game and running faster than I’ve ever run before in this weekend’s 6k, I’m finally feeling like I have some motivation back. Hey, if Stella can get her groove back, who says I can’t run for more than two minutes today?
Woo! Exercise is scientifically proven to make you happier! And happy people do not flip off plow drivers or shovelling-challenged neighbors.
Re-evaluate my beauty routine
Between whipping winds outdoors and poor air quality indoors (I think our office thermostat is permanently set at “Sahara”), the winter always punishes my skin. I was definitely in need of a change when this arrived at my door:
Stages of Beauty is a new skin care line, developed just around the corner by a brilliant young woman in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Their full line is launching soon– I was thrilled to get a little sneak preview.
What I love:
- All of the products are dye-free and fragrance-free. As someone with hyper-sensitive skin (and feelings… juuust kidding), this is a major plus.
- I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by it’s cover, but beauty products are not books. So I can judge freely. Stages of Beauty‘s packaging is whimsical, cheery and eco-friendly. First impressions matter, and fabulous first impressions really matter.
- The line of skin care features four special formulas for women in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s– each line addresses the special challenges and priorities for those age sets. For example, women in their 20s benefit from the Radiance formula, which help to protect skin from daily stressors and sun exposure. Factors such as hormonal changes, changes in sun sensitivity and moisture levels helped to determine these different formulas.
- At the risk of sounding like a Spice Girl, I love that these products were developed by a young woman. I’m all about the girl power.
- It works. I wouldn’t be saying this if it didn’t. I’ve been using the Radiance treatment cream for a few weeks and just this morning, as I checked myself out in the glass door of our condo building, I thought– Yowza! That is one good lookin’ lady!
What I’d love to see:
- I’d love to see some SPF injected into the treatment creams in the future. Otherwise, I think this product is pretty much perfect.
Whether it’s fresh flowers, a fresh attitude, or a fresh face, trying something new is a surefire way to keep a smile on my (glowing) face this winter. I want you all to keep smiling, too, sooooo….
The lovely ladies at Stages of Beauty are offering one lucky reader (US only, sorry my beautiful Canadian friends) a full line of their age-appropriate products: Radiance for the 20-somethings, Harmony for the 30-somethings, Elegance for the 40-somethings, and Grace for the 50-somethings.
- In the comments section, let me know what you love about your age.
For extra entries (please leave an additional comment for all extra entries):
- Follow @ElizabethEv and @StagesofBeauty on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (There’s a @StagesofBeauty giveaway On Tap for Today via @ElizabethEv: http://wp.me/pySBS-RJ )
- “Like” On Tap for Today and Stages of Beauty on Facebook
A winner will be randomly selected on Friday, February 18th. 🙂
So let’s hear it. What do you love most about your age?