Toodles, winter. Hello, spring.
These vases were a 3 AM online find (children who don’t let their mothers sleep are really good for the economy) + I picked up ALL the flowers at Whole Foods in Dedham this weekend.
Remember when it felt like spring a few weeks ago? It will feel like that again soon. I think. In the meantime, let’s make some plans.
5 THINGS TO DO THIS SPRING
- Start your spring cleaning. I love this free schedule/check list from Inkwell Press + this comprehensive list from Real Simple. Cleaning out between seasons is also a great opportunity to make donations to organizations like Cradles to Crayons and your local shelters.
- Once you’re done cleaning (does that ever happen?), make something for your home. A little gift to say, Happy Spring! You’re clean! I love you! This DIY geometric piece from Food 52 might be nice.
- Learn something new. Spring is the perfect season to grow — take a class, research a new topic or skill, break out a new cookbook, listen to a great podcast.
- Venture outside. I’m looking forward to visiting all our favorite Audubon sanctuaries and taking my baby humans to visit the baby animals at Drumlin Farm + Wards Berry Farm soon.
- Get inspired at a local flower + garden show. The Boston Flower + Garden Show opens this week (March 22-26) in the Seaport; I can’t wait to scope out ideas for our yard at the Cape and our deck here in Southie. This event always signals spring for me. (You can check out my photos from last year’s show here.)
Now we just need Mother Nature to get on board.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Reading through my Day of WELLness notes
- Starting a new (highly, highly recommended) book written by my amazing friend, Ali
- Excited for the start of the Mama Beasts Spring Challenge <3
What’s on your spring bucket list?