After several weekends on the go, it was nice to enjoy a few days at home — especially since we’re scheduled to move in just a few weeks.
Not only did I fit in multiple workouts and multiple naps, but I also found time to read an actual non-work book (Orange is the New Black, which I picked up after watching the entire first season on Netflix in the span of, like, two days. I definitely recommend the book, but um… spoiler alert: what happens in the show is not exactly true to life).
Our fridge is stocked, my nails are painted, the laundry’s done and the condo’s clean. I try to balance laziness with short spurts of productivity when I can.
The weekend according to Instagram XVI
- It’s been a while since I posted a daily juice photo, but a glass of fresh juice is still my favorite way to start the day (but only after going for a run… no need for any added, um, excitement).
- Another favorite ritual: the at-home polish change. I’ve been obsessed with essie limo-scene lately, it’s a bit more opaque than ballet slipper but just as pretty. And, according to essie, it’s perfect for the prom. So there’s that.
- We’ve officially started packing, which means I have officially started coming up with excuses to take Clark for extra walks or reasons to check the mail multiple times a day, and I’ve essentially begun vanishing into thin air as soon as I spot a box being opened. I did help Nick take everything off our walls and (not-so-helpfully) watched as he spackled, sanded, and touched up paint. And then I accidentally peeled some paint off our bedroom wall. I am worse than useless. I am harmful.
- I am a sucker for cute packaging. I’ve always loved adding POM Wonderful to seltzer, but when I saw this grass skirt-wearing bottle of POM Hula, I convince myself it would taste good in everything (except cereal, well… and probably other things, too). Regardless, it added a lovely tropical kick to my DD unsweetened iced tea.
- I think graffiti is probably against the rules, but I can look the other way when it provides a little inspiration. Spotted on a recent run: Never lack ambition.
- Clark is obsessed with cats. There are a bunch of terrifying strays in our neighborhood and whenever we spot one on our walk, the Frenchie enters some sort of weird trance.
- While Clark was dreaming of a starring role in Cats, the musical, I was celebrating (and sweating through) a 15lb. PR on the strength portion of Sunday’s workout at CrossFit Southie. There were a number of new people and drop-ins at the 9 AM class and I couldn’t help but think about how warm and welcoming the crowd was when I first joined last July. One of the few feelings that can trump earning a PR is the feeling of belonging, of community.
- More post-workout juice. Our usual recipe: kale, cucumbers, green apples, celery, carrots, ginger, lemons.
- We enjoyed a little fresh air at the SoWa Open Market. If you’re in town, or visiting on a Sunday, the market is definitely worth a trip. This year’s market includes the usual art, handmade goods, and crafts, as well as a vintage market, a farmers market, and a lot full of food trucks. Oh, and the people watching? Top notch.
Also On Top for Today:
- Cute: Shell spoons from The Kitchn
- Happy Belated Birthday to two of my favorite humans, Martha Stewart and President Obama
- Whipping up a little melon gazpacho
What was the highlight of your weekend?