[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false] I was able to cross of most of the items on my “While 28” list, and even surprised myself a bit. I originally hoped to run my first half marathon, and then figured… balls to the wall. Or whatever that expression is. I hope it means, like, tennis balls and not balls-balls. I saved up and bought a pretty sweet camera, but never got around to taking a lesson.
I did take a sewing class, though. I never got a new doctor, but I did tackle my fear of the dentist. I cleaned out my closet, watched a Sox game from the Green Monster, visited a lighthouse, ran a few races outside of Massachusetts, and went to a water park… which was awesome. I decided jumping out of a plane once in a lifetime is plenty. In other words, I forgot that was on my list until I just took a peek.
I would have loved to check off every item on my list, but LBS*… I was pretty busy doing other rad stuff while I was 28. Like traveling to Haiti, Mexico, Maine, Florida, the Cape (obvi) and New York. And running my bum off (except that most of it’s still there). And playing construction supervisor. And throwing away half-eaten dog toys.
29 has some big shoes to fill. Then again, 29 rhymes with superfine. So I think it will be a great year. Okay, less talking, more listing.
While I am 29
- I will give at least 29 things away
- I will read at least 29 books (I anticipate some of them being very short)
- I will nearly master 29 recipes
- I will teach you 29 of my favorite words in French
And I will visit
- The Mapparium at the Mary Baker Eddy Library
- DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park
- The Butterfly Place
- The Berkshires
- Boothbay Harbor, Maine
And I’ll do these things, too
- Take cooking classes at Stonewall Kitchen and the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts
- Take a photography class at See Shore Photography
- Go antiquing/thrifting
- Get a new primary care physician 4realz
- Run a race every month for a year
- Master (sort of) TRX and incorporate more strength training so I can become a ninja
- Write an article to be published
- Give up Diet Coke for 40 days (and maybe, hopefully, forever)
- Take a tennis lesson
- Maybe run another marathon, and definitely run a halfsie
- Compete with and title Clark (in pet therapy, rally)
- Call into my favorite sports talk radio station
*let’s be serious
Also On Tap for Today:
- Hello, Mardi Gras! Goodbye, Diet Coke and other naughty things!
- For my fellow list-lovers
- Welcome to Boston, Mr. President! 🙂
What’s on your list? What did I forget?