Hello from the other siiiiiide of New Year’s Eve.
(For the record: Now that we’re nearing a month of newborn-related sleep deprivation, everything I say and do is the funniest thing ever… to me, at least. It would seem my siblings feel differently. Either that or their phones are broken in such a way that they cannot reply to my hilarious bitmoji texts.)
January goals and a printable calendar
Materials used: Micron pen (black 01), Sakura Koi Coloring Brush Pens, Winsor and Newton Professional Watercolors, random craft paint (acrylic), good old Microsoft Word (for the calendar table)
My questionable comedienne status aside, it is New Year’s Day and I’ve got January goals and a printable calendar to share with you. Rather than setting year-long resolutions, I’m sticking to monthly goals and intentions. Mostly because I can barely imagine what tomorrow will bring, let alone how many days I can deprive myself of Diet Coke come November.
The calendar is a part of a larger goal I have to both make and share more art. Please feel free to share, download and print as you like. Consider it a gift to offset the un-funny Adele joke above. And unless I completely space out, I’ll draw and paint a new calendar for you on the first of each month.
Here are the rest of my January goals, semi-organized for your reading pleasure.
- Celebrate Grace’s 2nd birthday in style (…whatever that means)
- 2 trips to the children’s library
- Photograph Grace and (baby) Nick and send out New Year’s cards/birth announcements (we sort of missed the boat on Christmas cards)
- Listen to Serial with (adult) Nick each week (Nerdtown, USA: Population of 2)
- Schedule doctor’s and dentist’s and vet’s appointments for the beginning of the year
- Get back in the workout groove (after being cleared to exercise at my six week postpartum check-up) and share weekly round-ups for accountability and motivation
Drink fewer than 600 Diet Cokes a week
- Wear FitBit every day (this feels like a do-able precursor to setting a daily step or sleep goal)
- Set aside 10 minutes each day to make something (and make peace with the fact that these “somethings” will likely take days or weeks to be finished products)
Throw out, recycle or donate everything
- Make a list of specific spaces in our condo to tackle and start chipping away at the decluttering
- Hire a new housecleaner (we parted ways with ours in December, and I am not an especially talented duster… and let’s just say, both are evident)
- Participate in Apartment Therapy’s January Cure
- Join a new parish (this is sort of major, and in the works — we love our current parish, but will be moving to one in our own neighborhood this year)
- Participate in at least one of my fitness group’s social activities (the group has monthly birthday parties for kids, a mom’s night out, recipe swaps, etc.) rather than ducking out right after the workout, as I’ve done in the past #awkwardfaceemoji
- Share at least one friend’s blog post or project per week
Here’s to a productive, happy, healthy, sort-of-hilarious month.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Watching the Winter Classic
- New Year, Same Pile of Laundry (as yesterday)
- Forget Resolutions: Embrace a Yearly Mantra Instead via Apartment Therapy
What’s On Tap for your January?