Alternate title: Organic raspberries were on sale… and I had a bunch of bananas on their way out. So I made muffins.
These are a bit more dessert than breakfast, which means… they’re delicious at breakfast.
Banana muffins with raspberries and dark chocolate
Makes 12 muffins
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used an all-purpose gluten free mix)
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. miniature dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and either grease or line your muffin pan.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl (I used a potato masher… worked like a dream).
- Add melted butter and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in raspberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin-cup-thing 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 20 minutes (begin checking at the 15 minute mark and remove from oven when muffin tops have slightly browned).
You can easily replace the raspberries with blueberries, and omit the chocolate… you know, if you’re a terrible person or whatever.*
*Just kidding. You’re okay, I’m okay, we’re all okay.
Also On Tap for Today:
- 14 Morning Mantras That Will Calm Your Restless Mind via Marc and Angel Hack Life
- Getting the (not so) ol’ car tuned up
- Great read: Your Life is Always Just Beginning via Raptitude
Salty or sweet?