I just went on an aggressive Pinterest spree in anticipation of hosting Easter at the Cape in two weeks. Nick and I are really excited to have our families down here for lots of good food, egg hunting and (hopefully) lovely spring weather.
Ya hear that, Mother Nature? Just kidding. Do you thing, girl. Sorry for the hole we burned in your atmosphere with our hairspray.
While I was at it, I started a new Pinterest board for some of my favorite meal prep + planning resources. If you’re interested, you can check those boards out here:
- Easter On Tap
- Meal Prep On Tap
- Food On Tap (favorite vegetarian recipes + a few more meal prep resources)
My main nutrition goal for the week is to increase my water intake. We are in the process of having a whole house water filter installed and in the meantime, we’ve been living the Brita pitcher life. And not surprisingly, I keep forgetting to refill it. Tonight I’m brewing a bunch of spearmint iced tea and filling a few water bottles for tomorrow. The glamour and interestingness of my life abounds.
On to the meals + workouts for the week.
Meals for the week of 4/3
- Spaghetti squash with asparagus, ricotta, lemon and thyme (perfectly springy recipe from The Kitchn)
- Flat breads + salad
- Barley salad with fresh mint (recipe from Whole Foods Market)
- Lentil, grains, black beans and cilantro salad (I’ll share the recipe this week… I made it nearly every day last week and cannot get enough)
- Avocado toasts + soup of some sort (let’s be honest, likely this Sprouted Kitchen lentil soup… again)
- Black bean, spinach and sweet potato quesadillas
…And probably a night of takeout or leftovers. Breakfasts will be some combination of English muffins, yogurt, fruit, smoothies, oats and/or the children’s table scraps (again… let’s be honest). Lunch is usually a big salad and/or leftovers.
Speaking of: Leftovers is such a sad word. We need a better word that is like, Hey... I am so incredibly in charge of my life that I didn’t just make one meal… I made two meals… AT THE SAME TIME! Or whatever.
Workouts for the week of 4/3
- Monday: Mama Beasts
- Tuesday: Walk + MB home workout
- Wednesday: MB class or Daily Burn barre class
- Thursday: Rest
- Friday: MB class
- Saturday: Run
- Sunday: Walk/Run
I did some recon and there is a brand new track a mile or so from our place at the Cape. I dug up some of my track workouts from my marathon training years of olde (honestly, that feels like a lifetime ago) and am hoping I can
survive fit in one this coming weekend.
But first, another glass of water.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Tips for storing fresh herbs from Faring Well
- Interesting read: What Does it Mean to Heal Your Kitchen? from Food52
- Soaking up some much needed sunlight!
What’s on the menu for you this week?