Part of me is like, “What can I accomplish food and workout-wise without leaving the house until
the temperature exceeds 20°F May?” But a larger part of me is like, “If I don’t leave the house this week, I will drown in Duplos.” Also, the family cannot survive on yogurt pouches alone. And grocery shopping is, like, my second or third favorite past-time (behind Googling Jeopardy! contestants, and talking about cool stuff with my dog). So… here’s my meal plan + workouts for the week.
MEAL PLAN + WORKOUTS FOR THE WEEK | 1/8/18
- Grapefruit + Feta Fregola Salad (recipe from Real Simple): I’m going to use farro instead of fregola (I think fregola is going to be my new favorite substitute swear word) and add some arugula to the mix
- Gluten free toast with hummus, avocados, tomatoes + greens: So easy, so good. I really like Rudi’s gf sandwich bread, for what that’s worth (not much, I imagine).
- Vegetarian chili for lazy people (the old standby)
- “The Best Lentil Dal” (recipe from The Kitchn): Will report back.
- Roasted sweet potatoes with black beans, onions, garlic, pico de gallo + cilantro
- Tomato soup + garlic toast
- Spicy Spaghetti Squash w. Black Beans (Recipe from Whole Foods Market)
I’ve yet to successfully complete a full Tone It Up challenge, but…
new year, new me? we shall see. I do plan to incorporate a bunch (technical term) of TIU workouts into my weekly plan since I have all the necessary equipment and a membership to both the nutrition plan + app. I like that all the workouts can easily be done at home (where it’s warm and no one can see my embarrassing French bulldog socks).
Similarly, the Mama Beasts winter challenge starts next week (those challenges are definitely my jam)– I’m especially looking forward to the added motivation, structure + accountability of that. If you’re a mother in greater Boston, South Shore or MetroWest area, I highly recommend checking out Mama Beasts.
- MON: TIU Daily Moves + MB class
- TUES: TIU Daily Moves + Yoga
- WED: TIU Daily Moves + MB class
- THURS: TIU Daily Moves + Kettlebell workout
- FRI: TIU Daily Moves + this 20 minute rowing workout
- SATURDAY: Rest
- SUNDAY: Maybe run outside… maybe turn into a human icicle?
I actually have enough embarrassing socks that we could add a sock schedule section next week… maybe.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Budget Your Food Spending in 2018 With These Tried + True Tips from lifehacker
- New week, new book
- Kind of getting excited for the Winter Olympics already…
What’s your plan for the week ahead?