After the two and a half hours of sleep I LOST last night (get it?), I’m feeling like a holey Dharma Initiative jumpsuit. I’m worn out.
- a) you haven’t yet watched last night’s series finale bonanzarama or
- b) if you hear one more thing about that dang show, you’re just going to scream
…I will keep my ramblings on the topic short and sweet. I went to bed extremely confused, but upon further consideration, I really loved how LOST ended. I especially appreciated the balance of Jack’s opening and closing eyes at the series start and end.
According to Twitter, last night’s episode brought people to tears. I believe it, but Stonewall Jackson here did not cry. I thought about it, though. Especially when Vincent bobbed and weaved through the bamboo forest one last time. When I peace it, I hope that, instead of plopping down next to me, Clark embraces his new-found freedom and heads to the nearest Polkadog Bakery and pigs out (on something other than the low-cal treats I insist the chunky monkey eats).
Now that the best show on Earth (besides the Red Sox, and the nightly news with Brian Williams) is no more, I have… welp, even more time on my hands to waste. With Memorial Day Weekend just days away, I am fully embracing the start of a new season (of life, not television). Technically summer doesn’t begin until June 21st, but technically, I don’t care.
I am most looking forward to:
- Our week at the beach in Deleware with friends 🙂
- Swimming! (I may even sneak in a dip tonight)
- Races, races, and more races
- Relaxing at the Cape with the family and the Frenchie
- Summer reading!
Sure, we grown-ups may not get a summer-long vacation, but we do get to write our own summer reading lists. And we can sip fruity cocktails. If we want.
Also On Tap for Today:
- 40 Everyday Successes to Celebrate
- Time to get grilling!
- I should probably get myself some entrance music
What are you most looking forward to this summer? And if you’re LOST-obsessed too, what will you miss most?