I promise, there is hummus under all that goodness.
When it’s approximately 9,012 degrees out, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven or serve something hot ‘n heavy to friends and family. These super easy hummus plates look gorgeous, they’re the perfect way to incorporate all the fresh produce available this time of year, and… they take, like six minutes to make.
Granted, you could make your own hummus… but that’s more time spent in the kitchen and less time spent floating on a pool noodle.
Six minute hummus plate
Vegetarian, gluten free (contains dairy); Serves 1 pregnant woman named Elizabeth, or up to 6 people… sort of depends on the crowd.
- 1 8 oz. container of hummus (I used a zingy lemon hummus from Whole Foods Market)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 (small) red onion, chopped
- 2 (small) sweet bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Minute one: Wash your hands. Safety first, hummus second.
- Minutes two-four: Chop your vegetables as instructed above.
- Minute five: Evenly spread hummus in a shallow serving plate or platter (I used a ceramic tart pan).
- Minute six: Artfully (or haphazardly, it’s totally up to you) top your hummus with feta, vegetables, dill, a little more feta, and some lemon zest.
It’s summer. Everything should be this easy.
Also On Tap for Today:
- On the hunt for bump-friendly workout gear
- What kind of friend are you? Your favorite food combination will tell via The Kitchn
- 8 Ways to Make New Habits Stick Around Forever (and Ever) via The Muse
What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever made with a pool noodle? I’m personally a big fan of tying one in a knot (so it looks like a pretzel), sitting on it, and pretending I can float upright. So… there’s that.