First things first: Thank you so much for all the love and kind words about our happy news!
We had great luck at this week’s farmers market at Crescent Ridge. The farm animals were out and about, the weather was perfect, and we scored some really beautiful produce.
- Eggs for Nick (and eggshells for me to grow little plants in)
- Raspberries, blueberries and and a basket of “pretty uglies” tomatoes from Ward’s Berry Farm
- Peaches and peppers from Silvia Farms
Needless to say, we also got ice cream. With sprinkles.
We’ve already done some serious damage on the berries, but the rest will go into breakfast parfaits and a blueberry + thyme lemonade I’ve been dreaming about (probably the most pregnant thing I’ve said today). I’m also planning on a tomato tart and 900 Caprese salads. As for the peppers, they are almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
Anywaaaay…. I hope your week is off to a lovely, delicious start. To quote my animal-obsessed child, “Bye, goats. I love you.”
Also On Tap for Today:
- Just in time for this week’s heatwave, the Healthy Living Blogs team is hosting a Sunburn Alert giveaway
- Bootcamp with my fellow mamas
- Love this: Can you guess the recipe based on the food emojis? from The Kitchn
What is on your menu this week?