When I dip, you dip, we dip… our cucumber slices into a big bowl of feta, lemon and dill dip. Okay? Okay.
This dip came to be much in the way anything I make does… I surveyed my pantry and fridge, got a little heavy handed with the garlic, threw everything in the blender and hoped for the best. And I got just nearly that. I brought some to my nephew’s first birthday party (he preferred cake and I don’t blame him) and will be making another batch for Labor Day Weekend.
FETA, LEMON + DILL DIP
Vegetarian, gluten free. Serves a crowd.
- 2 cups crumbled feta
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 lemon (like, the same one you juiced…)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Set aside half of the lemon zest.
- Combine feta, garlic, lemon juice and red pepper flakes in high speed blender, adding olive oil slowly, and blend until smooth.
- Put your dip in a bowl and garnish with fresh dill, remaining lemon zest, additional red pepper flakes (and more olive oil, if desired).
- Serve with cucumber slices or other veggies or a good, sturdy pita chip.
- Yes, it’s that easy.
I use this crinkle cutter for cutting crudite and kind of love it. It’s one of those things you don’t know you need (though, honestly, you don’t) until you have one (taking up extra space in your utensil drawer).
Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy for Labor Day Weekend:
- Six minute hummus plate (vegetarian, gluten free)
- Farro salad with tomatoes and herbs (vegetarian, with options to make vegan and/or gluten free)
- Sweet potato toast (vegetarian with vegan options, gluten free)
- 4 favorite summer salads (vegetarian with vegan options, gluten free)
- Heirloom tomato, lentil and arugula salad with green goddess dressing (vegetarian)
- Vegan roasted sweet potato salad (vegan, gluten free)
- Watermelon agua fresca (vegan, gluten free)
And last, but not least… S’mores on a Stick. Maybe make those first.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Here’s How You Can Help People Affected by Harvey from NPR
- Sweet dreams are made of these: The 10 Most Organized Drawers on the Internet from The Kitchn
- LADY GAGA AT FENWAY PARK!
What are you making this Labor Day Weekend?