It’s been a
hundred years several months since I shared a Weekend According to Instagram update. Mostly because I was trying to learn Roman numerals and figure out what came after XXV. Just kidding. Or am I?
Regardless, we really packed quite a bit of fun into the past two days. I wish every day was a summer weekend day. Except, like, Christmas. Obviously.
The Weekend According to Instagram XXVI
- After Nick got home from CrossFit and I finished a little yoga on the deck and a walk with my lovely friend Alyson, we headed down to my parents’ house for some pool time. Grace is still too young to wear sunblock (though our pediatrician did say we could test a tiny patch on her arm, she emphasized that our best bet is keeping her out of the sun altogether), so we broke out her ridiculous sun hat and rash guard for quick dip. She seemed a bit shocked at first and was clearly holding on for deal life, but I have a feeling we’ve got a water baby on our hands.
- We spent lots of time outside this weekend, including a little Sunday evening stroll around the neighborhood with the Frenchie. Earlier in the day, Grace and I met up with our mom/baby friends and JP and then picked up Nick for our baptism prep class and some lunch in the Back Bay.
- There is more Black Mass filming being done in our neighborhood this week. On one hand, it’s rather exciting to have Johnny Depp walking around, but on the other, it was a pretty unnerving to see signs about forced busing at the old Southie High last night. Sure, the fresh paint on the street is part of a movie set, but the busing crisis was a real and critical time in the city and neighborhood’s history, one with powerful and lasting effects.
- On a lighter (only 100 calories and not the least bit depressing) note: I am going to eat 600 Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bars this summer. 2 down, 598 to go. I received a coupon for a free box a few weeks ago and highly recommend the sea salt caramel flavor (we’re already onto our second box), best enjoyed with your feet up on the deck. Oh, and save your popsicle sticks. I’ve got an easy DIY project coming up later this week.
- Nick and I had our first date night (5 months in the making!) since becoming parents. Mom on the loose! We were able to get last minute tickets to Amaluna and my sister and brother-in-law generously offered to babysit. It was really nice to get out for a bit, especially knowing Grace (and Clark) were in such good hands. The pictures my sister took of Zach and Grace together basically melted my heart. Uncle Z is the coolest.
- We were home before dark (and I nearly fell asleep during intermission — I need to step up my game if I want to convince Nick to go on a second post-baby date anytime soon), just in time to catch this beautiful sunset over the city.
I already want this summer to last forever.
Also On Tap for Today:
- After watching Tiny, I’ve become obsessed with the idea of moving into a tiny house… maybe, like… in 20 years
- If you have a lot of free time on your hands before the 4th, make these and impress your friends.
- 10 easy DIYs for the 4th via Buzzfeed (Red, white and blue jorts for everyone!)
What was the highlight of your weekend?