Over the years, including the 8 I’ve spent blogging here (making me essentially an Internet senior citizen), my understanding of words like fitness and healthy and wellness have changed and evolved. From running marathons to training to being able to run a 5k again, from getting “wedding ready” (whatever that means) to becoming a mother, from learning to eat mindfully to managing stress, I’ve found that health and wellness is not a linear journey.
There is no one path to wellness. We all make our way.
One of my favorite things about being in this community is learning from the paths and experience of others. For that reason, I’m really looking forward to the upcoming Day of W.E.L.L.ness in Boston on 3/18. For those of you living in the New England area (or looking to make a weekend trip!), you might want to check it out, too!
I think it’ll be a worthwhile stop on our path.
- What: Day of W.E.L.L.ness
- When: Saturday, March 18th from 8:15 AM – 6 PM
- Where: Wyndham Beacon Hill (a short walk from the Charles Street/MGH T stop on the Red Line)
- Discount: Use code ELIZABETH to receive $20 off your ticket order
This Day of W.E.L.L.ness is sort of an off shoot of the annual W.E.L.L. Summit (hosted in New York City) and showcases wellness from a 360 degree viewpoint. Breakout session topics include Ayurveda, meditation, nutrition, fitness, financial health and building a wellness business. The day also includes a DIY breakfast oatmeal bar from Thirst Juice Co., a custom tea bar and healthy snacks, an incredible gift bag, an afternoon yoga class, access to New England based exhibitors and more.
I’d love to see you there!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary ticket for this event and this post contains referral links.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Loved watching this: Creativity in fast forward from Rae Missigman
- How writing to do lists helps your brain from Fast Company
- Making garden plans for the summer (woo!)
How do you define wellness? What’s your path looking like these days?