We’re more than half-way through September and my fellow old folks and I are left to wonder, Where has the time gone? I’ve been feeling a bit in limbo (but physically unable to actually limbo) lately.
Part of me wants this third trimester and all its grouchiness, discomfort and ill-fitting pants to fly by. And part of me has always wished the calendar went Winter, Spring, Summer, Christmas. But most of me wants to freeze time… or at the very least, slow it down a bit. Even if that does mean being surrounded by fall decor (a.k.a. the worst) a bit longer. Pants and faux pumpkins aside, here’s what’s currently going down.
Currently | September 2015
- A little adrift and a lot disorganized. Which is unsettling. I usually have my act way under control, but I’m finding myself losing track of my keys, doctor’s appointments, and days of the week. I’ve resorted to using Google Calendar (I’m usually paper-and-pen only), my regular planner and a dry erase calendar. I’m making more lists than usual. I’m triple-checking my handbag before leaving the house. And I still forget something.
- Like I sort of miss the back-to-school rush. Sort of. I love being home with Grace (and I know this was the right decision), but this is first year I haven’t been swept up in that new year’s feeling that used to come with September. I did treat myself to some new
school suppliespaint, though. Which brings us to…
- Paint dry. I put together a new watercolor palette this morning and keep peeking to see how it’s setting up. (I’ll probably let the paint sit overnight before using it.) I’ve been using a pre-filled palette for ages, and am excited to see how limiting my colors and being selective will affect my creative process. Then again… 18 shades is not really a limited selection.
- Grace, Clark and mini-plastic-Clark snuggled up on the sofa. They melt my heart.
- Football… but only because it’s on. And hockey is not.
- Articles about potty training. Because Grace decided a few months ago that diapers are weird. I don’t blame her. And while I appreciate her enthusiasm for forgoing the diapers, I wish she were a bit less interested in testing out every, single bathroom available to her. From her new gymnastics gym to Target to the Chatham Fish Pier… we’ve seen and experienced ’em all.
- Mindy Kaling’s new book, Why Not Me?. Because she can do no wrong.
- A Nest is Noisy — fascinating for me and the little one.
- A gold leaf and shell homage to summer
- A pre-baby check list (which I will likely lose and/or forget about… see above).
- Outdoor workouts and lots of stretching.
- Making plans with friends.
- Rediscovering old favorites on Spotify, including Patty Griffin’s “Heavenly Day” and basically anything on the 90s Pop Radio Hits playlist.
- New mid-workout treats. As a Sweat Pink Ambassador, I had a chance to check out last month’s Bulu Box for free. I’m a sucker for monthly boxes — they’re such a fun way to find new products. I think a Bulu Box would make a great gift for the athletes on your list this holiday season (Too soon? Nah…). The August box was sort of hit or miss for me, but I suppose that comes with the territory. I loved the movit energy gummies and racefood fastbar — both were perfect for a mid-bootcamp boost. I received a weight loss supplement, which (even if I weren’t pregnant) is not really my jam. Similarly, I’ve cut back on the caffeine, but I have a feeling the Runa tea included last month will come in handy soon enough. I’ve loved other Runa drinks I’ve tried and look forward to brewing a nice hot cup once our little guy arrives. I (thankfully) haven’t had occasion to use the fourth item included in my Bulu Box — an anti-itch cream — but hey, you never know. If you’re interested in your own Bulu Box (or one for a pal), use the discount code SWEATPINK to save 50% on a three month subscription.
Alright, time to go peek at that paint again.
Also On Tap for Today:
- The Night Owl’s Guide to Being a Morning Person from my girl, Caylee
- Making apple and pumpkin-picking plans
- A surprisingly efficient family adventure at IKEA
Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes? Which are your favorites?