CURRENTLY | JANUARY 2017
I don’t want to jinx it, but I think I’ve finally recovered from President Obama’s Farewell Address… which was Tuesday night (i.e. nearly 48 hours ago).
Baby Nick woke up bawling just seconds after the President said “Michelle LaVaughn Robinson, girl of the South Side…” I was bawling at that point too, cradling my sweet child, grateful that both our children were born at a time when such an incredibly smart, respectful, kind and caring family lived in our nation’s White House. I am doing my best during these remaining days of Barack Obama’s presidency to watch every video of the President + kids, the President + dogs, and the President + VP (especially today’s Medal of Freedom presentation) as humanly possible… rather than give into the sadness and anger simmering below the surface (real talk).
Also, it was snowing and single digits this weekend… but it’s 55 degrees in Boston today.
The world is ending.
On that uplifting note…
- Variations of the Sprouted Kitchen lentil soup I raved about a couple weeks ago
- Simple snacks to share with Baby Nick… because these days, he has major food FOMO and needs to sample any/everything on my plate. Blackberries and cottage cheese have been a big hit this week.
- All the winter citrus, all the winter citrus, all the winter citrus… put your stems up. (Or whatever.) I especially love satsumas, and not just because you can buy them with the leaves and stems still attached.
- Water (obvi)
- Not a single Diet Coke today (not so obvi)
- Fiveway Veggie Broth (definitely unexpected) – I received a complimentary sample right before the holidays and am totally hooked on this incredibly flavorful broth, which you can straight up drink from the bottle. I like warming it up on the stove and drinking from my beloved “BC Grandpa” mug, it’s both delcious and fortifying. Non-vegetarians will likely dig their bone broths. Fiveway products can be found locally in Massachusetts + New Hampshire.
- More gouache chairs
- Plans for Grace’s “unicorns doing gymnastics” birthday party
- Finishing my tutorial for the upcoming Get Messy Art Journal season (***stay tuned for a membership giveaway coming soon!)
- Bean boots (the ones without laces, because I’m
lazystylish) + Bean boots socks (so cozy) + a smug smile for having ordered them early enough in the year to beat the inevitable selling out (at last check, there were still sizes 9 + 10 available)
- My new FitBit (a Christmas present from Nick), the Charge 2 special edition (lavender + rose gold, so pretty) — I really liked the Charge HR, but there are so many design/functional improvements in this version. I especially like the 2 minute guided breathing program. People like me need tiny wrist computers to remind them to breathe.
- The babes enjoy winter… it’s just the best. Nick, Grace, Baby Nick, Clark and I had so much fun being snowed in down the Cape last weekend. I love watching the kids and Clark explore in the yard. I’m so grateful that we have an escape from the city (and that we have the city to return to, as well).
- Organic Bath Company’s Nourish Night Balm — this stuff is pure magic.
- The Mama Beasts Winter (Partner) Challenge — I am so glad to be paired up with Julie and be benefitting from some additional fitness/nutrition/mama wellness motivation this time of year.
- The new TIU workouts (with Jillian Michaels!) and this hilarious Wine Not Wednesday video
We’re only two weeks into the year… but things are good. And so are you.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Playing “You have a skunk in your clothes! Get the shovel!” with Grace (I don’t really know how to play, I just follow her lead and yell those two sentences over and over)
- Busting some behind closed doors clutter with Apartment Therapy
- Looking for a new book to read
What’ve you been up to this month?