If you find yourself looking for a new creative outlet and a supportive community (not to mention, a really healthy alternative to cable news) lately, you know I’ll be the first to encourage you to pick up a pen, paintbrush, pair of scissors or box of crayons.
Materials used: Magazine scraps, matte medium, sharp/dangerous scissors, Jane Davenport canvas art journal.
As a member of the 2017 Creative Team, I am thrilled to be hosting a Get Messy Art Journal giveaway for a full year membership ($195 value). I am so grateful for this community and encourage anyone (really, anyone) to check it out. You don’t need to have an art background nor a closet full of supplies, just the desire to create. To make. To explore. To play.
An annual membership to this community includes:
- Immediate access to the current season and entire archives of Get Messy
- Four new art journal prompts every Monday during the season (delivered by email) to encourage and guide you in your art making
- Link ups to share your art, build community and gain encouragement
- Ten targeted tutorials per season
- Inspiration to create from Guest Artists, Member Spotlights, Contributors, and the Creative Team
- Access to the Messy Forums to share and receive wisdom + ask questions
- Opportunities to build friendships and connect with art accountability partners
- Access to our private Facebook community
- First access to new classes
Each season lasts two months and has a dedicated theme (past seasons have included Dreams, Love, Music + Gifts). You can do as much or as little as you like, but I personally attribute so much creative growth to this program.
You can learn more here:
There are monthly ($20) and season ($35) memberships available as well. If you have specific questions about the program, please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below. I also recommend scrolling through the #getmessyartjournal feed on Instagram to see what members are making.
GET MESSY ART JOURNAL GIVEAWAY
To enter the giveaway for a year-long Get Messy Art Journal membership, please leave a comment below. This giveaway is open to all (there are Get Messy members all over the world) and closes at 6PM EST on January 31st. One winner will be randomly selected and notified after the giveaway closes.
This post contains affiliate links.
Also On Tap for Today:
- 5 morning wellness rituals everyone should try at least once from Apartment Therapy
- Calling my senators (hi, again!) + dropping them some snail mail, too
- Barack Obama’s book recommendations from the NYT
What creative goal(s) would you like to accomplish this year? (And how can I help you get there?!)