I love March. And not just because it starts with my birthday (though it does). It always feels like an important transition month. Usually that transition is winter to spring, but hey… there’s always April for that.
CURRENTLY | MARCH 2017
- …by myself. I went out on a solo date of sorts this month. I went to the Boston Flower + Garden Show, and then for a walk through the Seaport, grabbing lunch at the newly opened (and extra Instagram-able) byChloe. Their chia pudding had me revisiting a bunch of old vegan recipes I’d sort of forgotten about.
- …with my husband. We’ve gotten into a really good routine of eating together once he gets home from work (a nice change from my previous habit of 5 PM dinners with the babes).
- …lots of really good salads (including an A+ version I’ll share on Friday).
- …garden plans for the Cape.
- …things with my new sewing machine (a birthday gift from Nick). So far, I made matching tote bags for Grace and one of her stuffed animals (the smaller of the two totes was supposed to be a dress for the bear, but I accidentally sewed the arm holes closed… so…), 3 zippered pouches, and several hair bows.
- …a few new paintings and art journal spreads.
- …brunch. And any excuse to use (and eat) edible flowers.
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO
- …Grace’s amazing stories, imaginings and jokes.
- …S-Town, the new podcast from Serial Productions + This American Life. The whole series was released this week, and I’m already on Chapter 3. Completely hooked.
- …the crashing waves. Whenever possible.
- …Homeland + Superstore, still.
- …Sing with the kids.
- …Clark roll around on one of our sofa cushions. He’s a weird dude. But he’s our weird dude.
- …the baby monitor. (Why do my children hate sleeping?)
- …Jen Hoffman’s weekly Action Checklist for Americans of Conscience. It is such a helpful breakdown of pending legislation, actionable items and compassionate reminders.
- …Urban Jungle: Living and Styling with Plants by
- …Against Doctor’s Orders by (my incredible friend!) Ali Weinberg Barton. I’m about half-way through… it helps knowing how things end, but my word… Ali’s story is tremendously inspiring.
Also On Tap for Today:
- 8 edible flowers to brighten your garden– & dinners from Food52
- Wednesday workout with the Mama Beasts
- Needed: How To Get a Deep Piriformis Stretch With These 12 Exercises from Daily Health Post
Let’s hear your March highlights.