I was trying to get back to sleep after feeding Nick a few nights ago and should have done just that (sleep), but instead I scrolled through the approximately 900 open browser tabs on my iPhone.
Obvious disclaimer: We all know screens and sleep don’t mix.
Of these 900 (give or take) browser tabs, there were articles I had started to read (and thought maybe, eventually I’d finish), recipes I hoped to make, and Frenchies I would like to sneak into our home. The usual. Plus, like, the unusual.
If it’s 3 AM and you’re reading this, maybe… put down your phone, sniff some lavender and try to do some sort of sleep visualization. But if it’s the middle of the day and you’re wondering what on Earth I find interesting enough to keep floating around on my phone for days (or in some cases, months), you’re in luck.
OPEN BROWSER TABS | 3 AM EDITION
- Find a friend (a.k.a. The tab I will keep open forever and always): Every few months, I spot a Frenchie that I am certain is related to Clark and I try to convince Nick that we need to reunite them. In our home. Forever. I’m selfishly not hyperlinking this one because I want first dibs on our next puppy… and because I think there’s much to be said for adopting pets rather than buying from breeders.
- Adele on ’25’: Song by Song//The New York Times: I thought it was interesting to get the back story to each song on her most recent album. …Interesting enough that this tab has been open since last November.
- 6 Stretches for a Lean, Limber Body//Fitness Magazine: Love the emphasis on hips, hamstrings, glutes and ye olde pelvic floor.
- Thug Life Shirts: I love a witty workout tee.
- Farmer’s Choice Boxes from Ward’s Berry Farm in Sharon, MA: We haven’t been home enough this summer to justify a full CSA share, but I’ve been keeping my eye on the weekly box offerings from one of our favorite local farms. New lists are posted each Monday and you have until Wednesday evening to purchase the week’s box if you’re interested. This week’s box is $23 and includes blueberries, carrots, tatsoi*, summer squash, red beets, lettuce, onions, mint and fava beans.
- Seasoned Roasted Corn Salad Cups//Martha Stewart: Looks like summer perfection. Maybe sharing will motivate me to give this recipe a try. Or maybe you can make it for me?
- The Ultimate Manual Photography Cheat Sheet//PicMonkey: A great (and comprehensive) reference guide. I love PicMonkey for simple photo editing and design, and their blog features helpful tips and tutorials like this one.
- Edible Flowers//Gourmet Sweet Botanicals: For an upcoming project. Or just a tasty, pretty snack.
- 26 Phrases to Calm an Angry Child//The Huffington Post: These are the things I read at 3 AM and wish I remembered to say at 3 PM.
- Mary Ann Moss’ Oh My Gouache class: This is easily my favorite painting class I’ve taken in ages. I revisit Mary Ann’s posts and videos whenever I get the chance.
- My traveling postcards//Postcrossing: It’s been a few months since I joined Postcrossing and I’m really enjoying finding something other than Gold’s Gym advertisements in our mailbox. I found a bunch of really cute vintage postcards on the Cape that I’m itching to send to Germany. Or Thailand. Or wherever.
*And… I just opened a new tab: Google search results for “What the heck is tatsoi?”
Also On Tap for Today:
- Picking out matching hoodies for the babes (I’ve developed a passion for matching baby/toddler fashion)
- 18 charts for better, healthier snacking via BuzzFeed
- Watching the Olympic trials (and getting so excited for the Games)
Alright, spill. What tab(s) is always open on your phone?