Happy Presidents’ Day, my fellow commoners. I am currently enjoying both a long weekend and a short glass of chocolate almond milk. Wondering what else I’ve been up to?
The weekend according to Instagram IV
- This is a picture of a picture (weird, I know) from 1982. My older brother’s 2nd birthday happened to fall on Easter, and the world’s cutest grandpa made him a snow bunny in the backyard to celebrate. [Meanwhile, I was five weeks old and likely crying.] Both sets of our grandparents always made the holidays so special for us. I miss them and love seeing photos like this when I go home.
- While Nick was at CrossFit this weekend (no big deal, but I had to have teeny tiny surgery and am not allowed to hit up CrossFit Southie until the stitches come out… hence no WOD instagrams this weekend), I reorganized our baking/supplements cabinet. And broke out the neon washi. Naturally. Normally I’d refrigerate nuts (keeps ’em fresh… and, um… fresh nuts are a good thing…), but these ones are being used early in the week.
- If you live in Southie, or read The New York Times from cover to cover on December 29, 2010, you know these are no ordinary jugs. These are space savers. When Nick, Tina, Mal and I headed out for dinner on Saturday night, I found a primo parking spot, previously cleared of snow and “saved” with two water jugs connected by blue ribbon (well done, I must say). I know better than to move someone’s savers (let’s be serious), but someone before me tossed them to the sidewalk. I parked at my own peril, but not before asking if I should a. try to be sneaky and move the jugs to another spot or b. write a note explaining that I did not move the jugs. Nick’s advice? “Don’t touch the jugs.”
- We hit up the Lincoln Tavern for an early dinner and lots of laughs (mostly about jugs). The food is great, and the space itself is pretty incredible. Especially when you consider that it used to be a Payless. I love that they exposed the original tin ceiling and brick walls. I ordered the chopped salad (no bacon, no eggs, no croutons… just the lettuce, bleu cheese and high maintenance) and a side of mashed potatoes. Oh, and a glass of Prosecco.
- Saucony sent me a pair of their new Virrata running shoes. They are beyond. I can’t wait to give you the full scoop.
- You know that I am weather obsessed. This time of year, I delight in finding the first sign of spring. Just before the weekend’s snow storm, Clark and I happened upon a soon-to-be crocus, peeking out from the ground. It’s the little things.
- You also know that I am Frenchie obsessed. On a recent trip to Target, I cut through the children’s bedding aisle (at least I think that’s what that was) on my way to the Diet Coke aisle and happened upon this ceramic Frenchie bank. We’ve been sticking our loose change in various jars and vases, but feeding a little bulldog quarters seems so much more satisfying. And cute.
- I met Michelle for afternoon tea on Sunday at the Boston Harbor Hotel. We shared a table by the water, a tower of treats, and two hours of non-stop chatter. I chose a pot of peppermint tea and devoured a (non-gluten free… can’t win ’em all) lemon poppyseed scone and a few bites of flourless chocolate cake. It was such a lovely way to spend a snowy afternoon.
- Thankful to have today off, Clark and spent the morning at the hospital, making therapy dog visits with our favorite kids. I can think of few better ways to start the week.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Getting sucked into presidential documentaries on Hulu and Amazon Prime
- Whipping up a few warm salads
- Love this: 5 ways to make someone’s day
What was the highlight of your weekend?