Another weekend, another two days spent (mostly) unplugged. Did you do your Sunday things done on Saturday, allowing plenty of time to see Beyonce and a stadium without power? I hope so.
The weekend, according to Instagram III
- I found this lovely Jessica Swift print on Etsy last week and was thrilled when it arrived. We spent some time framing our wedding photos, and this little number fit in perfectly. It conveys exactly what I want my husband and anyone else who enters our condo to feel. Well… maybe everyone except that electrician who called our concierge the b word. The only sentiment I conveyed to him was Yah fired!
- Despite wanting to sleep in and eat bon bons (whatever those are, though I imagine they are not gluten-free) all morning, I joined Nick for an early workout at CrossFit Southie. I tell you this all the time, but I love wearing my heart rate monitor. It feels sort of like a video game. Today was not a high score. Whatever.
- I thought that bumper plate was cute. I love our neighborhood.
- Nick recently subscribed to Paleo Plan, which made mapping out this week’s dinners tremendously easy. I looked through his menu for the week and came up with vegetarian-friendly meals that use many of the same ingredients. I felt super organized and efficient. Until we got to the market and I realized the plan’s list isn’t in alphabetical order (that’s how my brain works, most of the time). And that I don’t know the difference between one mushroom and the next. It took over two hours to find everything on the list, and my pinky toe got run over by a shopping cart. Welp. Can’t win ‘em all.
- One of my goals for the year was to complete a full month of fatmumslim’s photo a day challenge. I missed the second half of January… and February 1st. Whoops. There’s always March. February 3rd’s challenge was “something that starts with ‘e'”, so I snapped a shot of my Twitter (and Instagram, and now Vine… even though I mostly have no idea what I am doing on there) name necklace. Nick gave this to me for Christmas; you can make your own at Survival of the Hippest.
- For someone who claims to be like, so busy, I certainly make plenty of time for unnecessary projects. Like this one. I organized my nail polish by most loved and used colors, and then displayed them in a covered pastry stand in our bathroom. Three cheers for multipurpose wedding registry items. And random pops of
- I hit up CrossFit Southie again Sunday morning for Annie (a bench mark workout). I got a (huge) PR on the push jerk, mostly because up until recently I’ve been afraid to lift heavy things over my precious brain. Not anymore, people. Bring on the heavy things.
- Super Bowls… of food. We watched the game with my sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law (that’s a lot of hyphens), but I chatted more than I actually paid attention. And when the lights went out in the Superdome, I took that as a cue to go to bed early.
- Homemade salad dressing > store bought dressing. Fact, not opinion.
- It wouldn’t be my weekend (or life) without a picture of this snuggly little muffin. That’s Clark’s casual Sunday morning pose. He is in full on hibernation mode lately. I don’t blame him.
- Here’s a bit more HRM love, this time from Sunday’s WOD.
- I cooked up a week’s worth of lentils, ready to be mixed with various vegetables, spices, and herbs and packed up for lunches at the office. They’re not much to look at, but they’re might tasty. And filling. And they play well with others.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Looking for a good read this month? Check out the #hlbbookclub selection
- Wild week ahead!
- Thinking about chocolate, thanks to this Whole Foods post
What was the highlight of your weekend?