True Life: I meant to post this last month. In May. But I forgot. So here we are… pretending I have my act together. The more things change, the more I stay the same (consistently inconsistent).
JUNE 2017 | CURRENTLY
- …moves on my soon-to-be-launched Etsy shop. This was/is one of my major goals for 2017. I’ve got the behind-the-scenes and initial concept (functional art) down, and plan to have about a dozen or so pieces finished this weekend. I hope to be totally up and running before the end of this month. My fingers are crossed that you’ll like it!
- …a concerted effort to consume media carefully. It’s such a careful balance between living under a rock and being entirely overwhelmed, especially given the current political happenings. And by happenings… I mean… God help us.
- …a summer bucket list. We’ll be spending as much time as possible down the Cape, and I’m excited to share some of my childhood favorites (flying kites, mini golf, watching for whales at Race Point, um… ice cream, looking for sand dollars) with Grace + Nick.
- …the Stanley Cup finals.
- …video from James Comey’s hearing today (can’t help myself).
- …a bunch of delicious smoothies (thanks to Molly for a few new recipes — local friends, check out her smoothie and meal prep parties!). With the requisite cute straw, obvi.
- …more mindfully + thoughtfully. Now that I am no longer breastfeeding (and bonus: baby Nick is sleeping so much better!), I’ve been doing my best to reset my diet a bit. It’s been a month and a half or so, but I feel like my body is still sort of like… what are we doing here? I wasn’t expecting the transition to be so rough, but here I am. Trucking along. I’ve eliminated most sugars (a wild craving for me while nursing) and yes… I’ve been caffeine + Diet Coke-free for 3 weeks. I’m not doing anything revolutionary, just getting back to basics and re-learning how to treat myself as well as I can.
- …the life-changing magic of
tidying upsleeping. I’m still waking up a few times each night, but still. I am sleeping more (and hopefully better) than I have in years. The credit goes largely to my children for (finally) getting with the program, but Nick gets points for the new blackout curtains, too. The rest of my secrets will remain secrets until I share them here (ASAP #sharingiscaring). I went to a great workshop at the WELL Summit Day of WELLness on sleep, and so much of what Sara DiVello shared really resonated with me.
- …Grace’s end of the year gymnastics routine. I could watch her dance and tumble and jump all day. And some days, I’m lucky enough to do just that.
- …how special old Clark is. He’s the best dog and sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve him. I’m so glad he promised me he’d live forever.
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO
- Elastic Heart (Piano Version) – Sia
- Team – Lorde
- Breaking the Law – Emeli Sandé
- Living in Twilight – The Weepies
- Slow Dancer – Noah Gundersen
- Buckets of Rain – Neko Case
- Romeo and Juliet – The Indigo Girls
- Dust to Dust – The Civil Wars
- Wish You Were Here – The Milk Carton Kids
- …proud for growing this sweet pea plant from seed. And keeping it alive (so far).
- …grateful that it didn’t rain today. For the first time in 800 years (or so it feels). My hair looks like a poodle moved in and plans to stay. And all my shoes are permanently damp. But one day of sun, man, and it’s all good.
- …deep regret for not putting that folded laundry away sooner. ‘Tis now 10 PM and well… ain’t gonna happen.
Also On Tap for Today:
- 10 Inspiring Container Gardens for Growing Food in Small Spaces from The Kitchn
- New favorite app: Fitstar (great, short workouts that sync perfectly with my FitBit)
- Very interesting Quartz article on being open minded and how that affects your visual perception of reality (science is amazing!)
What’s on your current playlist or reading list?