You can read a bit about my commitment to staying grounded in gratitude this holiday season and download your free (#printable #dopeoplestillhaveprinters #IDK) gratitude list here. Feel free to share your own gratitude lists with me (#gratitudeOTFT @elizabethev) and the rest of our crew.
A SEASON OF GRATITUDE: WEEK 2
- Wednesday, November 8: I am grateful for Grace’s preschool teachers. They are so kind and compassionate, and I know she is safe and happy under their care. For someone who worries about everything (and then some), this means the world.
- Thursday, November 9: I am grateful for opportunities to connect with fellow bloggers/Instagrammers (slash-real-people) and brands I love. Tonight’s holiday event with Whole Foods Market felt extra warm and encouraging.
- Friday, November 10: I am grateful for our
escape hatchCape house. (It really does feel like an escape hatch, though. And a cozy one, at that. There’s just something about crossing the bridge that does it for me.)
- Saturday, November 11: I am grateful for my sweet, silly, darling niece who turns 2 today and can play a mean (toy) electric guitar.
- Sunday, November 12: I am grateful (and sort of terrified) to have two babes and zero cribs. In less than a month, both our kids have made the move to beds (or “big girl beds” as Nicky calls them…). They are growing and changing and learning… on their own schedules… just like they’re supposed to do. It’s amazing and wild.
- Monday, November 13: I am grateful for $5.99 craft/activity sets from CVS.
- Tuesday, November 14: I am grateful for the two women who gave me a manicure/pedicure this morning. It was quiet at the nail salon, so they offered to save me 30 minutes and do both at once. I felt extra cared for… and likely wasted that extra 30 minutes, but hey.
And a few gratitude favorites for the week:
- 5 Science-Backed Reasons to Start (or Restart) Your Gratitude Practice ASAP from mindbodygreen
- The key to a happy life? Gratitude that goes beyond Thanksgiving from the LA Times
- Minimalism + Gratitude on the Finding Minimalist podcast (6 minutes long, posted 11/22/2016)
And I’m currently super grateful for the microwave that has reheated the same cup of tea twice this afternoon…
Also On Tap for Today:
- Timely for those hosting this holiday season: 6 Things Everyone Forgets to Tell Their Houseguests from Apartment Therapy
- Not sure if this helpful/weird/both, but I added a SHOP ON TAP page for those looking for gift (or everyday purchase) ideas + recommendations
- Digging out all our cold weather gear (and hoping it fits…)
What are you feeling grateful for today?