If you’re short on time, my meal plan for the week can be summed up in two words: mashed potatoes. But hopefully you’ve got a few minutes to stick around, because in addition to some meal + workout ideas, I’ve got a very cool mindfulness challenge from Coolidge Corner Yoga to share with you this week.
Back to the mashed potatoes.
MEAL + WORKOUT PLAN | WEEK OF NOVEMBER 20
- Butternut squash, arugula + feta salad from 100 Days of Real Food
- Black bean + sweet potato soup from The Dinner Daily
- Thanksgiving I (with Nick’s family) + Thanksgiving II (with my family)… so, mashed potato and cranberry heaven for this vegetarian
- Vegetarian chili for lazy people
- Tomato soup + grilled cheese (on sourdough, please)
- Vegan red lentil + lemon soup
- Monday: Mama Beasts (hoping to get there in time from gymnastics… I don’t want to miss this year’s can workout/food drive)
- Tuesday: Yoga
- Wednesday: Mama Beasts
- Thursday: Row/basement workout of some sort
- Friday: Walk at the Cape with the family
- Saturday: Yoga
- Sunday: Run (and/or family walk in the woods)
I’m really excited to join Coolidge Corner Yoga (and their sister studio in the South End, Sadhana Yoga) for their #OMfortheholidays six week mindfulness challenge. The challenge begins this week (Monday, November 20) and runs through New Year’s Eve. All are welcome (and encouraged!) to participate, both in studio or at home. The goal of this inclusive challenge is to make room for mindfulness, movement, and focusing on what matters most this holiday season. Coolidge Corner Yoga will provide weekly inspiration for self-care and mindfulness, as well as a chance to win prizes from their challenge partners. I am really looking forward to continuing my daily meditation practice (going on 50 consecutive days, baby!), carving out more mindful + focused time with my children, and treating my body kindly.
How to get involved in #OMfortheholidays:
- Join the Coolidge Corner Yoga newsletter or follow their BLOG
- Follow @CoolidgeYoga on Facebook and Instagram
- Make mindfulness part of your weekly routine, either in the studio or at home
- Post it: Every week share your mindfulness practice on social media using the hashtags #coolidgeyoga #omfortheholidays, and tag @CoolidgeYoga (Make sure you use all three tags each week to be eligible to win prizes!)
- Check in every Monday on the CCY website or on social media for your mindfulness inspiration for the week ahead
[Disclosure: I received a class pass in exchange for sharing about this challenge. I truly hope many of you will join me in participating!]
LAST MINUTE THANKSGIVING FINDS:
Also On Tap for Today:
- 5 Tricks for actually eating dinner the week of Thanksgiving and Our Best Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu, both from The Kitchn
- Starting a new book (and hopefully transforming my mornings…)
- This recipe aggregator from Food 52 is GENIUS (bonus points for the option to print — I can’t be the only one who constantly loses and/or nearly ruins their iPhone while scrolling through recipes…)
Who’s with me for #OMfortheholidays? And what’s on your Thanksgiving menu?