Spring is just on the other side of this weekend. We are almost there, my friends. Pay no attention to the snow storm in the forecast. With the Well Summit’s Day of WELLness, the parade and a mind full of weekend musings, I’ve got plenty to keep me preoccupied (and my weather app closed).
- I love how this mini sketchbook (above) I made turned out. I cut down some 140lb. hot press watercolor, painted and mono printed several sheets and then bound them using a simple pamphlet stitch. I ended up having enough paper to make four mini books, and each one (painting aside) took less than 5 minutes to assemble– it was a surprisingly simple + meditative process. I’ve been using them for daily sketching and jotting down notes.
- Related: My friend and fellow Get Messy creative team member Vanessa just released a wonderful online class called Basic Bookbinding. It’s a steal for $15 and covers 4 different methods (I am really excited to try the more complicated coptic stitch) for making your own sketchbooks and art journals.
- Unrelated: March Madness is here. I came in third (I think?) in my sister’s office pool last year, and have high hopes for this year’s bracket too. It should be noted that there is essentially no method to my (March… lololol) madness.
- I’m only half-way through this Guardian story, but I think it’s worth a read: ‘London Bridge is down’: the secret plan for the days after the Queen’s death. It’s partly morbid, but fully interesting.
- The South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade route has been shortened (again). We would normally watch from the top of our street where it’s fairly quiet and far less crowded than Broadway. Grace has basically been looking forward to the parade… since last year’s parade, so I expect we’ll be braving the circus. Seeing her enthusiastically shake hands with politicians is sort of the best thing ever.
- A little meal plan inspiration from The Kitchn: 5 No-Brainer Dinners for the Week Ahead… I have a feeling you’ll see a number of these in my plan on Sunday night, mostly because No-Brainer is one of my current life keywords.
- And because I know I’ll be taking notes at Day of WELLness, here’s a fascinating post on taking more efficient notes from Rescue Time.
Catch you (and spring) soon.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Making plans for this year’s flower + garden show
- Taking a quick stroll through Beacon Hill (one of my favorites)
- Researching “how to talk basketball tournament smack” or whatever
What are you musing over this weekend?