You guys. I can’t stop making these balls. And giggling about… balls. I promise this recipe is more refined than my sense of humor.
CHAI + PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BITES
Vegan, gluten-free… and like, cooking-free. Which is to say, you don’t need to cook them. Makes 10-15 protein bites (or balls, call ’em what you will).
- 1 serving of Bob’s Red Mill Chai Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix protein powder, nut butter and oats in your food processor or blender.
- Add agave nectar, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt and pulse until dough is well combined.
- Move mixture to a small bowl and carefully stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into small balls and place in a parchment-lined container, store in the refrigerator. Or just, like, eat them.
Recipe notes: You can use your favorite protein powder for this recipe — chocolate or vanilla would work great. And feel free to use maple syrup in place of agave. Oh, and you can omit the chocolate chips (thereby omitting the fun… but, hey) if you’d like.
I used a brand-new blend from Bob’s Red Mill line of nutritional boosters and am completely hooked. It’s made from pea protein powder, chicory root fiber, chia seeds, probiotics, and sweetened with monk fruit extract. It is gluten free, vegan, a good source of omega-3, an excellent source of iron, and high in protein and fiber.
No weird chemicals. No weird tastes. Just balls.
Disclaimer: I received complimentary samples of Bob’s Red Mill new nutritional boosters for an Instagram project (you can follow me here: @ElizabethEv) with Sweat Pink… but I didn’t want to keep this good stuff from you and just had to share it On Tap, too.
Also On Tap for Today:
- How cute are these printable ice cream truck gift tags from Oh Happy Day?
- Prepping for 12 weeks of food and fitness tracking… because, why not… and also… bathing suits
- Singing about water safety (this is my life)
Do you have a favorite