Recent library finds:
- Paper to Petal: 75 Whimsical Flower Ideas to Craft By Hand by Rebecca Thuss // I’m not crafting anything whimsical by hand at the moment… but this book is a great visual reference for a painting class I am taking (Pam Garrison’s Painting Petals class)
- Cat Says Meow and Other Animalopoea by Michael Arndt // This book is incredibly clever.
- Fabulous Fishes by Susan Stockdale // Grace really likes the illustrations in this one, and I like the little reference guide at the back. Apparently the real, common name for pufferfish is… pufferfish. And they’re poisonous.
- The Plant Recipe Book by Baylor Chapman // I own the Flower Recipe Book (and love it), so I thought I’d borrow the plant version from the library. I like this one mostly because I am pretending that a. It’s not winter, and b. I can keep plants alive for more than a week. Like Paper to Petal, this is a great reference for painting.
- Anything in the Peas series by Keith Baker // Grace’s cousins got her one of these books for Christmas and we’ve been hooked on the whole series. Just last week I caught Grace “reading” to Clark, “We are peas! Alphabet peas! We work and play in the A-B-Cs!”
- I stumbled upon an entire child development section in the children’s library at our local branch in Southie. It’s skewed a bit older than our children, but I could see it being really helpful in the future (there were a lot of books about helping your children succeed in school, etc.).
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee // I tried to finish Go Set a Watchman, but I just couldn’t hang. And I sort of feel like maybe it shouldn’t have been published, especially if it wasn’t intended to be published. Starting it made me want to re-read To Kill A Mockingbird (one of the very few books I can stand to re-read), though. So, so good.
Cleary I don’t read much in the way of normal and grown-up books anymore… but hey. I know a tiny bit more about pufferfish. So, there’s that.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Love this: How Evernote Can Make You More Creative from Caylee Grey
- Making vegetarian chili (<– my go-to recipe)
- Better rain than snow… I guess
What are you reading these days?