The mild weather made this month feel more like April than November, so we got plenty of adventures in. And I sort of forgot to have my snow tires put on. Whatever, man.
I assumed (along with everyone else, I think) that we’d be a family of five by now (counting Clark, obvi… I do not have a secret human child somewhere)… but unless he makes his grand entrance before midnight, we’ll be welcoming a December baby. All this anticipation is making the days crawl, despite the month having flown.
And like any month, there were ups and downs — but one of the most wonderful moments had to have been meeting our niece who was born two weeks ago. She is just perfect.
Speaking of perfect, the weather and view (minus the seagull) could not have been better on a recent stroll along the Harborwalk.
Currently | November, 2015
- My copy of the Get Messy x UNHCR charity magazine arrived this weekend. I am so grateful to have been a part of this collaboration, which supports relief efforts for Syrian refugees, and love seeing everyone else’s art work in print. You can order a copy here (all proceeds are donated to UNCHR).
- Still working through: Big Magic and Mindy Kaling’s Why Not Me?
- Reading with Grace: But Not the Hippopotamus
- Mostly just looking at the pictures: Vogue, December 2015
- Adele’s 25 (along with the rest of the planet) on repeat. I’m not ashamed to say, I am obsessed.
- Christmas music
- Clark snoring
- The Undisclosed Podcast
- An attempt to finish my Christmas shopping in the next day or two. We’ve done a really fun Secret Santa with my siblings and significant others the last three years and I highly recommend DrawNames.com if you’re organizing a similar swap.
- Comfort food: Onion tartlets, mashed potatoes, tomato soup, cucumber salad, quesadillas with sharp cheddar and gala apples
- A top secret Christmas card muhahaha (I hope everyone finds it even a 1/100 as funny as I do)
- Progress in my sketchbooks and art journals (you can see some recent work on Instagram or here and here)
- The Christmas decorations I put up (…before Thanksgiving… couldn’t help myself)
- A fresh bouquet of flowers
- Our current routine (while it lasts)
- That Coach Belichick would be my ideal spokesperson right now. When asked how he felt when he saw Rob Gronkowski get injured during last night’s game, he snapped, “How do you think I feel?” Exactly. Except I don’t think I get away with being quite so sassy. So instead, I’ll just say… okay, fine, impatient, a little cankle-y, hopeful, hungry and tired.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Deleting 900 million Black Friday and Cyber Monday emails
- 20 ways to be creative when you don’t feel inspired via CoSchedule
- Trying to keep up with Dishwasher and Laundry Hamper Zero (it’s like Inbox Zero… kind of… but way less cool to bring up in public)