If I see or hear one more back to school commercial… Lord, help me. Because of all that snow, the last day of school in Boston this year was June 29th, which was basically five minutes ago. So, please… let’s keep those school supplies out of sight for at least another month.
[Also, this is the first time since I was in kindergarten that my life doesn’t essentially revolve around an academic calendar. So that’s kind of weird. After graduating, my work was largely tied to school partnerships and while I never had a summer break, things always really ramped up in September. Now that I’m home, I think Grace, Clark and I will spend September at the beach. Or, like… doing laundry.]
This isn’t a post about graphing calculators (do kids still use those?), though… right? Right.
Currently | July 2015
- Thrilled to have shared our news with you and grateful for all the love and support
- Like it’s 95 degrees and I am pregnant (because it is, and I am)
- Excited about our upcoming vacation
- Like life has changed so much in the past two months. “Clean out the pantry” has been on my to do list since June, I sometimes forget to shower, and I caught myself having a semi-serious (albeit one-sided) conversation with my dog yesterday. But I don’t think I could be happier being home with Grace.
- As much fresh produce as I can get my hands on– tomatoes and berries, especially. I loved our trips to the farmers market (here and here) this month.
- 900 popsicles a day
- “On the Way to School,” a beautiful documentary about several children and the challenges the overcome (in most cases, daily) to get to school. It’s surprisingly uplifting. And I want everyone to watch it. (It’s available on Netflix.)
- File these next two under much less enlightened: Candidly Nicole on Hulu+ (fellow Simple Life fans, rejoice!) and Naked and Afraid XL on Discovery. Both make me laugh, like, a lot.
- Some fun little sketches and paintings in my new sketchbook (details here). I got out of the habit of painting daily this month, but have started to get back on track this week.
- Playlists galore. We’ve been in the car a lot (going from one fun thing to the next), and making good use of that Spotify subscription.
- A plan for the second half of the summer and a list of everything I’d love to do, see, and enjoy
- Lots of Chatbooks (they’re 20% through today with the code HOLDON) — I am officially obsessed after making a little book of photos from our 4th of July on the Cape.
- Lots of great workouts. I absolutely love the outdoor bootcamp (yes, even in the blazing heat) I’ve been attending and have started working in prenatal yoga videos a couple times a week.
- Swimming as much as possible. We’ve been in the water a lot this month, from swimming class with Grace to pool days at my parents’ house and dips in the ocean in Southie and on the Cape.
- An unusual (but welcomed) desire to make plans. No one would mistake me for a social butterfly, but maaaaan, I love spending time with our friends and family.
Also On Tap for Today:
- I love this Zen Habits article and I think you will, too: How to Breathe
- Whipping up some easy, delicious gazpacho
- 10 delicious things to stream on Netflix this summer via The Kitchn
What were some of your July highlights?