Drive-thrus are dangerous places.
A few years ago, I swore off coffee. Or rather, I tried to swear off coffee, but the
siren’s donut’s call lured me back. One morning, I planned to go directly to the office, but decided to sneak a coffee for my commute instead.
Just as soon as I had an iced coffee in hand, I pulled forward, hit a pole alongside the drive-thru window and knocked my side view mirror clear off. No one was hurt, but needless to say, I was– and still am– mortified. Also, why am I telling you this story?
I panicked and called Nick, who was still at home and met me in the driveway a few minutes later. I didn’t have time to hide my coffee. My shame kept me away from the drive-thru for quite some time.
If you’re avoiding the drive-thru (no need to share your reasons… unless you want to…), I’ve got the recipe for you. This triple vanilla chai latte is so good (and easy to make!), you won’t miss your usual morning cup.
Triple Vanilla Chai Latte
Dairy free, serves one
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop of David’s Tea organic vanilla chai (you can use your favorite loose or bagged chai tea)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic pure maple syrup (feel free to replace with your preferred sweetener)
- 1 dash each of ground cinnamon and ground cloves
- In a small sauce pan, heat water and almondmilk until simmering. Stir often.
- Add your tea (if you’re using a tea bag, open the bag and pour the tea leaves directly into the pan) and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Continue to stir.
- Remove pan from heat, add vanilla extract, maple syrup and spices. Let the pan sit for another 5 minutes.
- Pour latte through a tea strainer to remove tea leaves.
- Serve hot or over ice (my favorite).
- Do not hit anything with your car.
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Exactly what I need right now: Meal Planning + Food Prep Resources from Then Heather Said
- Digging through my closet for something (anything!) green
- Love this: It’s Totally Worth Buying Fresh Flowers from MindBodyGreen
What’s your current vice?