We had quite the lovely weekend. We started with an exciting doctor’s appointment, followed with lots of time spent with family and friends, and ended with
paying attention to football a nap on the sofa.
The weekend according to Instagram XIX
- You likely already saw the news (mostly because I can’t keep anything good and exciting to myself), but Nick and I found out Friday afternoon that we are expecting a girl. And I am expecting her to have her father wrapped around her little finger. Clark is excited because (among other reasons) they’ll be able to share clothes. He loves ruffles.
- I found this little guy beneath our stoop early Saturday, just as the rain was clearing. I like when nature visits the city. And isn’t that shell gorgeous?
- I whipped up two batches of this easy, football-friendly black bean dip this weekend. You can find the vegan, gluten-free recipe (along with a tour of our new kitchen) here. (And thank you, Emily, for catching the #2 pun…)
- We spent Friday night laughing, eating, and more laughing with friends. Our new place is really feeling like home, especially with friends and family there to share the space. Matt and Pam brought us this cheery pink begonia plant. I have a feeling there’s going to be more and more pink coming our way.
- I don’t know if I should tell you this or not… so naturally, I am going to tell you. Clark got peed on by another dog this weekend. He was standing on one side of a chain link fence, and the perp was on the other, attempting to mark the fence post (presumably). Instead, he decorated my dog (who seemed oddly oblivious to the whole thing). Next stop: the longest, most thorough bath of Clark’s life.
- We enjoyed this gorgeous view of the city from my sister and brother-in-law’s new apartment on Saturday night. I love having our family just minutes away. The next day, we had dinner with my brother, sister-in-law and niece. We’re spoiled.
- Who ever said you don’t win friends with salad has never eaten salad with me. I love making a big salad to enjoy on Sunday night, with enough to pack for lunch on Monday. Because I am both lazy and a forward thinker.
- It wouldn’t be the end of the weekend without a polish change. I went from dark (essie no more film) to light (essie pilates hottie).
- Meanwhile, at the other end of the sofa, Clark was down for the count. That’s what a weekend of fun with do to a Frenchie.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Live in the Boston area and looking to sweat on Wednesday (9/25)? BSC is celebrating its 39th anniversary with a free guest day and opening its doors to the public for great workouts and classes
- Researching “how to keep plants alive”
- A race to add to your calendar: The Susan G. Komen 21st annual Race for the Cure 5k in Southie this Sunday
What was the highlight of your weekend?