[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false]Everyone should have a fun fact or two at the ready. You never know when an elevator might break down or something, forcing you to make pleasant conversation with strangers. This time of year, politics would be a natural go-to, but um… you don’t want to be trapped in tight quarters with someone who feels differently than you about the so-called “47%.”
A few of my favorite (non-polarizing) fun facts:
- Barbie’s real name is Barbara Millicent Rogers.
- The streets running perpendicular to the river in the Back Bay are in alphabetical order: Arlington, Berkeley, Clarendon, Dartmouth, Exeter, Fairfield, Gloucester.
- A humming bird weighs less than a penny.
- Have an extra wedding invitation? Send it to the President and First Lady. They usually write back.
Clark weighs more than a penny. He is adored by Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike, though. I think. A few Clark-specific fun facts on this lovely Thursday:
- Clark has a tattoo. What can I say? He
is one BAMFwas bred to be a show dog and didn’t wear a collar or leash before we scooped him up. He just pranced around freely. His first name was Napoleon, so he has a little N on his hip. Or whatever you call the inside of a dog’s hind leg.
- His middle name is Manuel.
- Clark loves to howl at sirens. Want to see him in action?
- He is a tiger brindle. Rawr.
- A pet psychic told us that he loves Christmas (who doesn’t?) and Taylor Swift. I used to leave the T. Swift Pandora station on for him while I was at work. And then I came to my senses.
- He doesn’t have a tail (it was docked before we got him, see also “Clark has a tattoo”). This is very confusing to the kids he visits for pet therapy. I never have a good answer. So I talk about his middle name.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Obsessing over this CrossFit video– thank you, Mary!
- Mailing our invitations (to the President and other people)
- Hello, gorgeous cabinets…
Alright, let’s hear it. What’s your fun fact?