[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false]Plenty of things in life are difficult. Snacking with friends shouldn’t be one of them.
With the weather being just lovely lately (I like the blistering heat almost as much as the recent cool down), there’s no better place to be than up on the roof with a carafe of wine, crisp vegetables, fresh berries and a good wedge of brie. Oh, and– most importantly– a pal or two.
When it comes to summer entertaining, I like to keep things easy. No utensils, no cooking, no frills.
- Glass isn’t allowed by our condo association’s pool, so I’ve been using a shatterproof acrylic carafe to transport adult beverages. It looks rather shady, but it gets the job done.
- Washing and cutting vegetables and portioning them in packable containers at the beginning of the week saves time, and ensures you have healthy snacks at the ready.
- A bit of variety ensures there’s something everyone will like, but I try not to go overboard. Something sweet, something salty, something gluten free, and something not. That’s my pool snack M.O.
- Beach towels make great table cloths. And they keep your toes warm when the sun sets. Aaaand they soak up spilled wine.
- Keeping food finger-friendly equates to less waste (no need for plates or forks). Besides, tiny things are just plain cute.
The best part about easy summer entertaining? No need to decorate when you’ve got views like this, captured on my iPhone (no filter, just Mother Nature putting on a show).
Also On Tap for Today:
- Date night at Cirque du Soleil
- Counting down to the Olympics
- A few finger food ideas
What is your best summer entertaining tip?