[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false]And cookies. And whoopie pies. And cake pops.
When Nick and I got to the wedding cake part of wedding planning, we knew the traditional route wasn’t for us. Wanting to maximize time on the dance floor, and minimize time spent cutting a giant cake. We came up with a plan: a dessert bar featuring mostly minis that can be consumed while doing your best Michael Jackson
crotch grab relevé.
I reached out to Kelly at Mix Bakery, having spent nearly two years day dreaming of her peanut butter cup cupcakes. We discussed our vision (and shared Pinterest boards, obviously), and immediately I knew Kelly would be a dream to work with. She saw where I was going with Champagne sequined mini dresses for my bridesmaids, and answered with a color-coordinated cake pop. It was meant to be.
While we could have tasted samples in Kelly’s kitchen, she had an even better suggestion. Why not have a few friends over and make it a party? Last night, a few of our favorite people joined us for some very important research.
- MixFetti and red velvet cake pops
- A trio of mini cupcakes: peanut butter cup, chocolate and salted caramel, and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Traditional and strawberry whoopie pies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Interviewing at Clark’s therapy dog placement
- Barn doors + outdoor grill = Okay, let’s move to the suburbs!
- Happy Friday!