[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false]Despite the weather, I’ve got a little extra pep in my step today. I’m like the sprightliest thirty-year-old to ever live. Maybe. More likely, it’s that I ate chocolate for breakfast.
And not just any chocolate, but Buddha chocolate handmade by our neighbors at Blue Tierra Chocolate Cafe. Nick should know better than to give me sugar in the morning. I will likely need a nap before noon.
I am very excited about everything the thirties have in store, and while the twenties were pretty great, I think this decade will be even better. Incidentally, my parents were 30 when I was born. I think that’s pretty cool, especially since I can barely keep an office plant alive. Fortunately my friends’ senses of humor (that sounds weird, perhaps it shouldn’t be plural) are alive and well, as I awoke to this in my inbox, sent by my lovely Meg:
While I’m no Jesus, it certainly felt like Christmas as I opened an incredible package of apparel and gear from New Balance last night.
New Balance is generously sponsoring our Reach the Beach MA team, Team Off Balance. They’ve completely spoiled us with the latest and greatest product, perfect for our varied relay legs. From high visibility fabric to reflective tape to ultra bright LED lights and in case of emergency tags, I think it’s clear New Balance shares in my overall approach to life:
Safety first, fun second.
I am very, very excited to hit the road and try everything out and am so grateful to New Balance for being so generous. Tucked inside that cute little black and pink duffel:
- NBX Cocona(TM) Low Cut socks
- PDA running gloves with TouchTip(TM) technology for use with smartphones
- Tri-Viz running hat with three-way visibility (4 ultra bright LED’s built into the visor, plus high-visibility and reflective material)
- Fun Run Skirt in virtual pink
- NBX Prism Run Short in black
- Tonic Crop bra in Pink Shock
- Prism Capri in black and Dewberry
- Get Back racerback in Pink Shock(I am in love with this top already)
- Prism Icefil(R) Short Sleeve in Pink Shock (ditto)
- Heathered Short Sleeve in Athletic Grey
- Impact Capri
- NBX Prism Half Zip (the sleeves are a high-visibility yellow, with cute pink fold-out hand warmers)
- A variety of NGR bars
- 870 v.2 kicks and a New Balance GPS Runner watch
After busting my foot at the tail end of last year’s NYC Marathon, I’m a bit leery when it comes to switching up shoes, so I really appreciate that the New Balance team sent me a pair comparable to what I currently run in, designed for neutral runners with a bit of added stability. Those 870′s (v.2) are quite stylish. I plan to wear them on a few shorter runs this week, along with the sleek GPS watch (which makes my Garmin look like a dinosaur). There’s nothing like new toys when you need a little motivation. If you’re in the market for some new shoes, gear, or apparel, New Balance is offering free shipping and 20% off when you use the code NBRTB1262B248 today through March 10, 2012. Browse around shopnewbalance.com and let me know if anything catches your eye!
In the meantime, I’ll be sneaking more Buddha chocolate and basking in the glow of my third decade.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Doesn’t a nautical party sound like fun?
- Soccer championship game – we’re in it to win it
- Um…where’d the snow go?
What’s the best thing about being your age?