[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false]After spending nearly two weeks whining (which, it turns out, does not count as exercise), I successfully made it through an hour of fighter conditioning at the boxing gym, and a soccer game (we won, finally) nearly pain-free. My little foot is on the mend. Time to start training for another marathon! Siiike. It is time to get some new goals, though.
- I will run a (relatively) fast 5 and 10k. Who needs distance when you can just cruise?
- I will focus on strength training
- I will fill an entire fitbook without a single missed day
- I will get so awesome at boxing that old men will quake in their weird boxing boots when I enter the gym
And if they don’t quake, I will settle for an end to the eye rolling when I pull of my gloves to reveal hot pink hand wraps. I’ll take my victories where I can get ‘em.
Friday’s class finished with partner drills on the heavy bag. One partner punched out, while the other did 30 seconds each of squats, alternating leg lunges, fast 180′s, deep 180′s, squat thrusts, side planks, and front planks. We held that last front plank for what seemed like 13 years. My core burned and my arms were shaking, but then the drum solo from Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight” came on full volume and the guy next to me yelled out a crazed “Yesssssss!” and I forgot that I felt like I might expire.
It feels good to be back.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Love these sustainable centerpieces
- Today is my Thursday (hooray for holiday weeks!)
- Sneaking over to the storage unit to pick up our Christmas decorations… shh… I know it’s early…
What goals are you currently working towards?