[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false]Here I am, talking about September when we’re already three days into October. It’s sort of like when I “discovered” Harry Potter three months before the final movie came out. Yes, I realize they were books first. Or like the time I learned about this cool new band called Mumford and Sons, six months after everyone else. Including my dog. Better late to the party, than never to arrive… right? Right?!
Jill, my foodie pen pal for September sent me the sweetest package last week. She included a great note, detailing the package’s contents and a bit of meaning behind each item. In addition, Jill included two of her favorite recipes: Bobby Flay’s ginger-soy-lime marinated shrimp and crock pot peach dump dessert. I have a feeling Nick would love that shrimp recipe!
- Al’s Popcorn (the sinfully chocolate variety… rawrrrrrrr)
- Mis Rubin’s White Magic seasoning
- White truffle oil
- Yogurt covered raisins
- A delicious looking bar of chocolate from an event her company sponsored (to benefit wellness programs, provided at no cost to cancer patients)
And (this girl knows the way to my heart), a whole lot of Crimson Cup tea!
Thanks to Lindsay, each month provides a new opportunity to connect with fellow bloggers (and readers) and exchange fun foodie mail. If you’d like more information, or to participate, I encourage you to check out Lindsay’s recap. You have until tomorrow (October 4th) to sign up. If you’d like to see what I sent Hannah, please feel free to check out her post!
I love surprises, especially when they’re edible. Having someone else shop for you, in different part of the country, means lots of new ideas, ingredients and inspiration. Perhaps I’ll be trading in my beloved Old Bay for some Mis Rubins?
Also On Tap for Today:
- Soccer (we’re 2-1 so far this season… woooot! for winning more than one game)
- How good do these sweet potato cakes look?
- Another beautiful fall day in Boston 🙂
What’s your favorite hometown food?