[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false]Tomorrow marks the first day of Summer and the last day my hair will look good until Fall. Hey, you can’t win ’em all (but two of you will win something before this post is through). With the academic year winding down and the temperature climbing back up, I am ready for summertime in New England.
The first order of business: Find an awesome float.
Second order of business: Find some trouble to get into. My old man nerd calendar (I hesitate to use the calendar on my iPhone) is filling up with all kinds of fun. There’s some boring stuff on there too, naturally, but who wants to hear about that? No one. Not even my inflatable turtle.
- A new season of indoor soccer starts (cross your fingers for no whammies and no concussions, please)
- My parents’ 35th wedding anniversary
- The Reggae Ramble and the Warrior Dash
- Brunch at Avenue 1 with the Boston Brunchers
- Boston Chowderfest
- Harvard Pilgrim 10k at Patriots Place and the Jerry Garcia Memorial Run
- The 4th of July (technically, this is on everyone’s calendar…)
- Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- TECHMunch Boston
- Falmouth Road Race, Twist and Shout on the Charles, and the Providence R ‘n R half marathon
- Healthy Living Summit in Philadelphia
Now all I need is some Cape time, and a “how to end summer frizz forever” seminar and my summer will be complete. The lovely people at Boston Harborfest would love to make your summer in the city complete by offering 2 lucky readers a pair (each) of tickets to the 30th annual Boston Chowderfest on July 3rd, at City Hall Plaza.
From their press release:
Over two thousand gallons of New England’s signature dish, clam chowder, will be ladled out to over 10,000 tasters at Boston City Hall Plaza on Sunday, July 3rd 2011 from 11am to 6pm. A Fourth of July tradition in Boston, New England restaurants vie for the affections of attendees and the prestigious title of “Boston’s Best Chowder.”
Full disclosure: I received 2 complimentary tickets for hosting this giveaway. I am hoping to sneak the turtle in at no cost. We’ll see. While I won’t be sampling any chowder, this handsome devil most certainly will.
Meanwhile, I will be sure to report back with my choice for best oyster crackers. Featured at this year’s Chowderfest are:
- Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar and Grill
- Anthem Kitchen + Bar
- Clancy’s Restaurant (one of our favorite spots on the Cape!)
- Ipswich Clambake Company
- Mr. Dooley’s Boston Tavern
- The Chart House
If you would like to win 2 free tickets to this quintessential New England event, please leave a comment below. For an additional entry, please tweet your little hearts out. [I want to win @BOSChowderfest tickets from @ElizabethEv: http://wp.me/pySBS-15M …or really, you can say whatever you want as long as there are no swear words. Or insults directed at Clark.]
I will randomly select two winners on Thursday evening. Losers get to inflate my new float. Just kidding… unless you’re gonna do it.
Also On Tap for Today:
- New England Summer Festivals: A to Z
- 21 cheap summer thrills in Boston
- Enjoying some freshly baked blueberry crisp 🙂
What is your favorite summer tradition?