[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false] There is still time to enter the Stages of Beauty giveaway, ladies …and gentlemen who might want to win a fabulous line of skincare products for a lady in their life. I will accept entries until 7PM Boston-time (I don’t fully grasp the whole time zone thing) and post the winner tomorrow morning.
I am having so much fun reading your responses to the question What do you love most about your age?, and wanted to share some of your answers. We really are like fine wine it would seem, gettin’ better and better with age.
From your responses:
- What I love about my age is that I’m old enough to realize that things I worried about when I was younger don’t really matter, but I’m young enough to still change, learn, and grow.
- I’m fearless. I feel like my whole life is ahead of me and I’m unstoppable.
- Life is getting better and better with age.
- I look forward to the adventures and “unknowns” ahead.
- During my twenties, I can put aside external pressures and just do what I love.
- I’ve grown and experienced so much in my twenties: discovering love, traveling and doing what makes me happy.
- I love the time to find myself, find stability in work, love and self-confidence.
- I’m returning to my love of writing and learning to be more confident.
- In lots of ways I don’t think MY life really began until my 30′s and I started to think about and pursue what I wanted instead of what I thought I was supposed to want.
- Now that I’m in my 30s, I feel like I get more respect than I did in my 20s (and god forbid, before that).
- Instead of worrying about what’s the ‘right’ way or ‘right’ path I am pursuing my interests and doing what I like.
- I feel wiser and cooler than ever.
- I feel free and am happy with who and where I am in my life.
- I’m closer to finding myself.
- I’m more confident and content in my personal life.
- What do I love about my age? I love everything!
- I feel more confident than I ever have.
- I don’t care as much about what other people think and I am having more fun than ever with my children.
- My relationship with my sisters and my daughter developed into strong friendships during this time. In my 50′s those friendships have grown even more deep. I find I do things differently now than I would or could have any other period in my life.
- 50+ is the new 40!
I think Karen sums it up so well. She said, “With age comes wisdom, confidence and knowing what is most important in your life.” Thank you all for sharing these thoughtful, inspiring answers. I’ll do my best to update this throughout the day.
Please be sure to enter the giveaway, if you haven’t already, by visiting this post.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Drinks with the girl next door. Literally.
- Make iPad wielding Nick download this app and read to me every night.
- Write back to my new middle schooler penpal 🙂
What’s On Tap for your weekend?