[tweetmeme source=”elizabethev” only_single=false] The wild success of reality shows like The Jersey Shore may as well signal the coming of the end. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure The Situation is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Or maybe I’m thinking of Famine. Whatevs.
If you’re looking for a truly special last minute gift for the pint-sized lady in your life, and you have access to a glue gun and a bunch of tacky, faux rhinestones, today is your lucky day.
My sister and I home-made these glamorous and flossy glasses for our road trip to Long Island this summer. Long Island is sort of close to New Jersey, and I am only slightly taller than Snooki, so it was fitting that we get all crystalled out.
The glasses are pretty much all crystalled out, all bling-bling, but when you put them on you can’t really see.. so I don’t think you can’t drive with them.. because you’ll get a ticket. –Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi
Fortunately, I had the common sense not to wear them while driving.
Want to make your own pair? These glasses will be a gift to be treasured for years, possibly handed down through the generations as a most sacred family heirloom. Or they might break and/or be thrown out with the Christmas wrapping paper. Intentionally.
- Find a pair of equally hideous and inexpensive sun glasses. You could probably even just steal your parents’ reading glasses, in a pinch.
- Cover all visible surfaces with totally ugly plastic “rhinestones.”
- Put them on and bump into stuff (be sure the hot glue gun is safely put away before executing this step). If you can’t see anything, you’ve successfully completed Step 2.
- Wrap the glasses, present them to your giftee and prepare to be showered with gratitude. Or slapped. It could go either way.
While you’re off being stunning and glue gunning, I’ll work up a few posts on whatever the heck I’ve been doing for the past week. If you thought this post was awful and boring, juuuust you wait.
Also On Tap for Today:
- Mail my recipe and gift exchange pressies
- Set my alarm for the total lunar eclipse of the heart
- Cross-training at the gym, last minute wrapping, and other exciting endeavors
Do you like to give homemade gifts? What is the most memorable homemade gift you’ve received?