We had such a lovely Easter with our families this weekend. Grace was in her glory, snuggling up with her grandparents, aunts and uncles and following her cousin where ever she went. I didn’t take many photos (I had my hands full
of candy), so I thought I’d share a bit of what’s On Tap currently, instead.
- One of these days I will make time to read an actual non-children’s book. It seems like it’s been ages since I read something that wasn’t on my phone. In list form. Involving baby animals.
- I really liked this article on parenting, What Would My Mom Do? (Drink Tab and Lock Us Outside.) and am basically obsessed with the Stolen Phone/Brother Orange story.
- We are on a huge Eric Carle kick at bedtime, alternating between The Very Hungry Caterpillar (a.k.a. my spirit insect), Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? and The Very Busy Spider.
- Similarly, The Art of Eric Carle has completely captured my imagination. The section of letters written by children to Eric Carle is my favorite.
- This weekend we watched Mile… Mile and a Half from the Muir Project, which follows a group of artists hiking the John Muir Trail in California. It’s available on Netflix and is worth a watch for the breathtaking scenery alone.
- Every, single episode of On Being with Krista Tippett (this week’s interview with Greg Boyle, S.J. had me crying at the hair salon while my color processed… but in a good way) and my girl Kristi’s new podcast, Soul Chat
- We are taking a music and movement class on Saturday mornings in the South End and received a CD of all the songs at the first class. When Grace and I are in the car together (and I am terrified to listen to the radio now that she’s in a repeat everything phase), we usually listen to Raffi… but every once in a while you need to give the ol’ guy a rest. Our current jam is a song about a dog finding a cell phone on the way home from the dog park. (The second I drop her off at daycare, however, it’s back to sports radio or Morning Edition.)
- Also… My current position is that Taylor Swift can do no wrong. I reserve the right to change my mind, but for the time being: can’t stop, won’t stop.
- 100 days of something. I signed up for #The100DayProject (which starts today) and plan to roll that into the new season of the Get Messy Art Journal challenge (the new theme is brave). You can follow along on Instagram to see what I make each day. Many of my projects will likely be drawings or paintings or letters, but I am planning to count carefully crafted, non-Cheez-It meals as an accomplishment as well.
- I picked up a new frame and some acrylic paint to make a memo board (similar to the one I made for Grace’s room) for our kitchen. I am hoping it will help me remember important things like renewing Clark’s dog license, or upcoming appointments, or like… wearing pants.
- Hopeful that spring is actually here
- Excited for the Tone it Up Bikini Series (sign up and get more info here)
- A little anxious and a little overwhelmed (it’s that time of year in the office) but also very grateful for what’s to come
- Essie’s Urban Jungle
- Flats (see ya next winter, boots)
- I love a good ruffled trench coat (<—I have this one, in black)
- My birthday present from Nick: Withings Activite Pop
- A salad as big as my car
- Organized closets and cabinets and drawers
- “Cool Mom Jeans” (I’ll know ’em when I see ’em)
- A beach day
- Caffeine and/or a nap (what else is new?)
Also On Tap for Today:
- A Week of Vegan Meals from The Lean Green Bean
- Sending out my #HLBTea!
- A little summer daydreaming from The Boston Day Book: 5 Favorites on Martha’s Vineyard
What are you currently reading? I’d love your recommendations!