I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for BellaGravida. I received a complimentary subscription and promotional item to thank me for my participation.
That post title has two too many hyphens. And I am too
pregnant lazy to come up with something better. My apologies. As I shared earlier, I’ve been feeling a bit scattered lately. Some days it feels like I will be pregnant for another 8 months. Some days it feels like our baby boy will be here tomorrow. And, this being the second time around, there are things that I feel like we have a good handle on. But I worry about having a false sense of security… like there are things I am completely forgetting about.
While it’s not exactly go time, there are a few things I probably should get done, not only so our little guy comes home to a stash of tiny diapers and plenty of burp cloths, but so I can quiet my brain a bit and enjoy this last trimester (and Grace’s last weeks as our one and only) as much as possible. Making a list seemed like a good start.
The pre-baby to-do list (a work in progress…)
- Go through Grace’s old clothes and pull out, re-wash and put away anything that is neither extra hot pink nor extra ruffly. (At the very least, I think there are a few sets of gender neutral pajamas in there.) The rest will go back to storage for a future niece or friend.
- Buy and wash any wardrobe basics and other staples we are missing
- Move co-sleeper to our room (this will be a last minute thing)
Order double stroller (with car seat adapter) and second Pack ‘N Play
- Install infant car seat base in my car (again, probably a last minute thing)
- Buy a box of size 1 diapers (and potentially a small package of NB — Grace was in newborn diapers for about a month, but who knows…) and extra wipes
- Reorganize Grace’s closet (she’ll be sharing with her brother)
- Stock up on family basics (toiletries, paper goods, Grace’s diapers and pull-ups)
Make all midwife/doctor’s appointments between now and our due date
- Holiday shopping
Schedule flu shots for Grace and me Get Clark’s yearly check-up and vaccines squared away
- Make a plan for Clark to board with one of his pals while we’re at the hospital
- Make a grocery delivery list for easy ordering during the first few weeks we’re home
Stash a few freezer meals Clean out pantry, closets and cabinets(not really baby-related, but clutter is making me mental)
- Get a handle on my third trimester wardrobe (because it’s neither warm enough or socially acceptable to continue wearing maternity bathing suits and sundresses)
- Pack a hospital bag for me and Nick, and a Party with Grandma and Grandpa! bag for Grace
- Get a pedicure (wishful thinking)
I’m sure I’ll think of 70 more items to add, but this is a start. And it feels good to start checking off items. I’m getting a bit of help with the wardrobe issue thanks to Influence Central and the chance to try out BellaGravida, a new service that provides a virtual revolving closet to pregnant and nursing women.
I consigned nearly all of my maternity clothes after Grace was born (most were office attire… and I was sick to death of them), and sadly, beach season is over… so this opportunity comes at the perfect time. I’ve found it nearly impossible to find affordable, well made, non-ugly maternity clothes this time around. I’ve been hesitant to buy anything beyond a few pairs of maternity leggings and long tanks, which are kind of amazing even when you’re not pregnant (trust me).
I am hoping BellaGravida (which means “beautifully pregnant” in Italian) will help fill in the gaps in my maternity wardrobe and take the stress out of finding something to wear for the upcoming weddings and parties on our calendar this month.
A few highlights of the newly-launched service:
- Flat, monthly fee (subscriptions begin at $39/month)
- No return deadlines
- Unlimited exchanges
- Laundry service included
- Dozens of maternity designers and brands available
I’m looking forward to sharing my experience with BellaGravida with you in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I’ve got a list to tackle.
Also On Tap for Today:
- I should probably be paying attention to the weather (what’s that I hear about a hurricane?)
- Great read: Stop Googling. Let’s talk. from The New York Times
- Halloween costume planning for Clark and Grace muhahahaha
What’s missing from my list (besides “take 900 naps”)?